• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting a new bunny! :D U/d with photo

Lucy-Lou

Mama Doe
Barney's girlfriend is now clear of ringworm and can come home tomorrow! Going to the RSPCA first thing to pick her up, so excited :D

Does anyone have any name ideas for a girl? She was originally called Blossom but I know loads of pets called Blossom so I'm not that keen. She's a small tortoiseshell-y bun with long hair around her ears :love: Very quiet and calm and very sweet.

Last edited:
Yep,definitely going to need pics :thumb: how about Betty (as in Barney and Betty rubble from the flint stones?! Then you need a Fred and Wilma ;)

This is the only pic I have of her at the moment:

imagejpg1_zpsa090c6c7.jpg

You can't really tell her size from the photo but she's fairly small.

I'll try and get some when she's home if she'll let me, she might be a bit too nervous.

I do like these old-fashioned names being suggested! Maybe Betty or Bella, I'll see her tomorrow so will see what suits her :)

She's home, I think I'm in love :love: :love: She's so beautiful.

I've put them in a pen together in the kitchen - a lot of thumping feet so far and occasionally running away from each other, but they've both had a wash and some hay, and played with their wicker balls. I hope they start warming up to each other!

She is sooo pretty! what lovely colours :love::love::love:

I have a Bessie and really like names like that for them - like Moi's Mabel which is a really cute bunny name.

Betty is a cute name :D xx

Bunny's been home for 2 days now - she's very wary of me, and of Barney. Barney is absolutely enamoured with her and keeps following her round and trying to groom her. She runs away and thumps her feet :(

I've never had to bond rabbits before (my other 2 have always been together) so not sure if this is a normal reaction? There's been no aggression, nipping or mounting, but Barney does chase her for a bit when she runs away. They aren't cuddled up but will sit near each other sometimes, and they are both eating, washing and playing with their toys. I'm guessing that this is positive? Anyone with experience, comments would be greatly appreciated as I naively assumed they'd just snuggle up and fall in love tbh! :oops:

Back