• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Adopted a bunny, Meet Theodore everyone!

Hello, new to the forums, so a big hello to everybody.

I've just adopted Theodore through the pets at home service. He was put up for adoption because apparently he wasn't sold in the store and now said (by the ladies who worked there) that he was a bit spiteful and nervous but never bitten anybody.

He was a tiny rabbit, only a year old, no wonder he was nervous, probably hasn't been handled enough as he should of been for such a lovely rabbit.

The lady got him out and placed him on my lap, he loved strokes and after sitting with him for about 15minutes he started licking me. This is when I realised this rabbit was not spiteful at all, but in fact just a loving but a little nervous rabbit! :)

We got him on the 16th May, he's been lovely, not spiteful at all as the ladies said, the environment he was in behind the glass and little kids tapping probably wasn't helping his situation.

I've attached some pictures taken of him, he is honestly a lovely rabbit and cannot believe that he was up for adoption!
px4CBiil.jpg

12NgNq7l.jpg

I'm not sure what breed he is, as he's only a year old, but very small! Probably 1-2kg. Anyone have any ideas of what mix of breeds he could be? :)

Up for chatting feel free to send me a message or post. :D Thanks guys x

The is truly stunning! Is he going to be a house bunny? Welcome to RU if I haven't said so already! :wave:

He just elicited a huge "awwwww" form my OH
Gorgeous bunny - glad he's found a happy forever home.
Think you need an Alvin and a Simon too though!

Awww thanks dumblepaws! Funny you should say that, my brother said the same thing about Alvin and the chipmunks! Haha. I totally forgot one was called Theodore :D

He's lovely

Sadly the 'he's spiteful' or 'she's agressive' is a common way for Pets at Risk to describe the bunnies they can't sell when they stick them in the adoption centre. And generally it's because they've gotten a little older and have been ovelooked and of course they don't neuter prior to selling so it's generally the hormones starting to become active. I'm helping rehome a rabbit that was given the same description and a friend of mine couldn't bare to leave her there. She is a joy to behold, but seeing how the shop staff behaved around her and the description on the pen, I'm not surprised that nobody wanted her. She is now spayed and vaccinated and a stunning wee girl who is very happy and friendly. All it takes is a neuter.

I'm happy that he's got a good home but I'm sick of this excuse being used for most of the rabbits in their 'adoption centre'. It's not the rabbits' fault half the time, it's because they are stuck in a shop with so many other nearly mature bunnies and it's natural behaviour to defend yourself in this kind of situation.

Last edited:
He's lovely

Sadly the 'he's spiteful' or 'she's agressive' is a common way for Pets at Risk to describe the bunnies they can't sell when they stick them in the adoption centre. And generally it's because they've gotten a little older and have been ovelooked and of course they don't neuter prior to selling so it's generally the hormones starting to become active. I'm helping rehome a rabbit that was given the same description and a friend of mine couldn't bare to leave her there. She is a joy to behold, but seeing how the shop staff behaved around her and the description on the pen, I'm not surprised that nobody wanted her. She is now spayed and vaccinated and a stunning wee girl who is very happy and friendly. All it takes is a neuter.

I'm happy that he's got a good home but I'm sick of this excuse being used for most of the rabbits in their 'adoption centre'. It's not the rabbits' fault half the time, it's because they are stuck in a shop with so many other nearly mature bunnies and it's natural behaviour to defend yourself in this kind of situation.

I totally agree. Not the rabbit's fault at all. I mean he is a genuinely loving bunny. I think people see the adoption animals and immediately think they're problem animals... It's such a shame because they're missing out, both the people and the animals. The bunnies are probably going to be more nervous if they haven't had a ton of human contact and as you said hormones, it's expected. But he was so well behaved. Bunnies grow wiser/learn more as they grow older too. So nervous bunnies will soon see, with enough time and effort, that we aren't going to hurt them but want to care for them!

Back