• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone recommend a cat flap to fit a 12mm thick wendy house?

tigerlilyb84

Young Bun
Hi all,

Just put up a new wendy house in the garden and am putting a wooden run next to it so my buns can have 24/7 outside access. I've seen lots of people use cat flaps so bought a brown Petsafe one and tried to fit it at the weekend. I was really proud of myself for working out how to use a jigsaw and cutting the hole by myself but when I went to fit the cat flap the 'tunnel' bit was too short so left exposed wood and a dangerous gap for bunny feet to get trapped in.

I've since bought the white version of the cat flap which said it has a tunnel fitted but that one is nearly two inches long so I would need to get a hacksaw out to cut it down!

Surely someone has found a catflap to fit a wendy house or shed with 12mm thick wood without having to cut bits off?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

i used the dogmate dog flap in my playhouses.it came with 4 strips of thin plastic(cut it easily with scissors)that slotted inside covering the edges of the hole.

Back