• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Brilliant pet shop in Lancashire :)

Lucy-Lou

Mama Doe
Just want to let everyone know how great my local pet shop is, Food 4 Paws in Blackburn. If anyone lives nearby please go and have a look, I used to use Pets at Home for my rabbit stuff but now go here instead. It's a great place because:

-they stopped selling live animals a while back, now it's just toys, food, bedding etc.

-massive selection of hays

-loads of different bunny and piggie toys!

-they sell and recommend nuggets for rabbits rather than muesli

-their hutch display, which has info on toys and entertainment for rabbits, proper diet, plus 'a hutch is not enough' leaflets.

Apologies for the shameless promotion! :oops: but there's so many rubbish pet shops about I was so pleased to find a decent one :thumb:

Where abouts is it? I live near Blackburn :wave: is it a big shop?

It's on Preston Old Road. Erm it's fairly big, they supply local farms I think as it's got a lot of things for horses and livestock, plus all the regular pet stuff.

The other main one in Blackburn is Aquamania which I really don't like tbh, they sell meerkats and huge reptiles and snakes :shock:

It's on Preston Old Road. Erm it's fairly big, they supply local farms I think as it's got a lot of things for horses and livestock, plus all the regular pet stuff.

The other main one in Blackburn is Aquamania which I really don't like tbh, they sell meerkats and huge reptiles and snakes :shock:

Yeah I've been to the one with meerkats... I told them off as the rabbits had no hay :(

Yeah I've been to the one with meerkats... I told them off as the rabbits had no hay :(

Same here, went in and the chinchilla had no toys or dust bath, don't know much about chinchillas but I've heard they should always have a dust bath available. Told them and they didn't seem that bothered :? I think it's stupid that they stock meerkats and marmosets, they're wild animals!

Ooh - I am fairly near there too. What sort of hay do they sell - I have picky rabbits at the moment with hay.

Maybe we could have a meet up there? Do they have a coffee shop? :D

Ooh - I am fairly near there too. What sort of hay do they sell - I have picky rabbits at the moment with hay.

Maybe we could have a meet up there? Do they have a coffee shop? :D

No, it's not that big :( Last time I went in they had green oat hay, Timothy, meadow, that Vitakraft stuff that's full of forage, Fibregrass, plus they've got big bales of hay and straw in bags that are about £4-5 each.

Dobbie's in Preston also has good pet stuff, plus a cafe bit :)

Back