• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Crazy ears U/D been to vet

MissSherwood89

Mama Doe
Fili was fine yesterday, we went out for about an hour and when we came back, one of his ears had flopped over. He seems absolutely fine in every other way, he can still point it up but it falls back down soon after! We know he's young (less than a year) so I have no idea if he's destined to be a loppy bunny (or at least a helicopter!) or if something is wrong. We've had a look down his ear and it looks fine but I know a vet will be able to get a better look.

I really hope he's ok, I've been dreading getting to the 3-month mark (it's tomorrow, coincidently) as that's when everything goes horribly wrong for us and boy bunnies :( gonna book a vet appointment, rather be safe than sorry.

Some uppy eared Rabbits will lop an ear in very warm weather :) But it's a good idea to get the Vet to check him over xx

Some uppy eared Rabbits will lop an ear in very warm weather :) But it's a good idea to get the Vet to check him over xx

I am hoping that's all it is, it's just weird to us as Mylo hasn't done it in the two years we've had her. Occasionally she'll stick one out to the side but never completely over. Her ears are quite diddy though so maybe she can't right reach that far! :lol:

Funnily enough, she's doing it right now:

One of ours has crazy ears. He's been vet checked and there's no problem, one just goes down at times. It scared the life out of me the first time though. Interestingly, I've just spoken to the person who has his brother (they were given in to rescue together due to fighting so had to go to seperate homes) and the brother has one ear up, one down permenantly.

Thinking of you and Fili and hoping all goes well at the vets tomorrow. Always good to have a checkup just in case.
How odd they were both lopping one ear in that photo. :? Will Mylo be going as well or did her ear come back up?

They're adorable either way. :D We don't see enough of them. :love:

Thinking of you and Fili and hoping all goes well at the vets tomorrow. Always good to have a checkup just in case.
How odd they were both lopping one ear in that photo. :? Will Mylo be going as well or did her ear come back up?

This, especially the bit in bold!

Ps my lovely Daisy has sort of up/down ears ...

Dont know if they were always like that but her sister Tessie (brown) has perfectly upright ones!

Last edited:

They'll both be going, couldn't bare to separate them! Her ears are usually always up, we've only seen one drop a couple of times and even then it's not all the way. Fili's ear briefly popped back up when it was tea time but it's gone back down again now.

This, especially the bit in bold!

Ps my lovely Daisy has sort of up/down ears ...

Dont know if they were always like that but her sister Tessie (brown) has perfectly upright ones!
Aww they're adorable! :love:

I've just gone to say goodnight to the buns and his ears have swapped over! :shock:

I think the vet's just going to laugh at us tomorrow! :oops:

Just got back, inside his ear is a bit inflamed, going to treat for ear mites first and he's going back in a week to see if there's any improvement. We've not noticed him scratching more than normal but he does have a scab on his ear where it looks like he scratched a bit too hard.

Aww bless him. I hope the mites are easily sorted and that your adorable little Princess Mylo doesnt have them as well.

Bless him! Hope you get to find out soon xxxx

Sending vibes for both of your gorgeous little buns xxx

Back