• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flat Leaf Parsley= Gassy Tummies ?

Does anyone else find that feeding fresh flat leaf parsley causes gassy tummy trouble for their Rabbits ?

I just recently started giving Milo and Finn a little bit of parsley, they really love it but I do think it causes a little of this gassy tummy. :?

I assume it is fresh market style and not supermarket? If supermarket they are increasingly covered or soaked in stuff to keep them fresh looking

I never give anything that was once sealed in plastic as my vet says that causes issues if producers have used treatments to keep it fresh

I assume it is fresh market style and not supermarket? If supermarket they are increasingly covered or soaked in stuff to keep them fresh looking

I never give anything that was once sealed in plastic as my vet says that causes issues if producers have used treatments to keep it fresh

Can't answer the question, but just wanted to jump in on that point. That's something to consider... I always get bagged coriander because the planted kind always has loads of flies. Does make you wonder what they spray it with.

Funny you should say this as I thought I was going mad, blaming the parsley but, yes. I agree. It's off the food list here too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm afraid Spenser prefers supermarket and bagged flat leaf parsley. He prefers Morrison's to Tesco herbs for some reason. We are growing frsh for him in the garden, and also coriander.

I'm afraid Spenser prefers supermarket and bagged flat leaf parsley. He prefers Morrison's to Tesco herbs for some reason. We are growing frsh for him in the garden, and also coriander.

Are you growing coriander outside or in? I'm useless and know nothing about how to do it. :oops:

Are you growing coriander outside or in? I'm useless and know nothing about how to do it. :oops:

Started in the conservatory, then out in the greenhouse. Actually it's my Dad that deals with growing Spenser's noms. Dad says the first of the coriander is ready for Spenser, but that the parsley isn't doing so well.

Mimzy likes Italian parsley for a change of pace but I had to stop it, more because it caused bladder sludge :( No idea if it made him gassy...unless he swallowed bucketfuls of air trying to wolf if down. :roll:

I should just add to my previous post that although I buy supermarket bagged parsley, I always wash it well before giving to Spenser. :thumb:

Back