• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

tiny rant but i know you'd understand

cafwin

Warren Scout
Hi
I just want to have a mini rant. I've been talking to people about how we are thinking of getting new bun and how much we love giants. It is really starting to annoy me how many people say "if you want a big rabbit why don't you just get a dog or a cat?" the answer is of course because we love and want a rabbit. We are rabbit people. I have nothing against dogs or cats I just don't want to own one.
It annoys me how rabbits are still seen as 3rd class pets. Where for me they are 1st. Some people are really shocked by the amount of time and effort I went to to provide the best life for my bunny(s).
Sorry rant over :)

Hi
I just want to have a mini rant. I've been talking to people about how we are thinking of getting new bun and how much we love giants. It is really starting to annoy me how many people say "if you want a big rabbit why don't you just get a dog or a cat?" the answer is of course because we love and want a rabbit. We are rabbit people. I have nothing against dogs or cats I just don't want to own one.
It annoys me how rabbits are still seen as 3rd class pets. Where for me they are 1st. Some people are really shocked by the amount of time and effort I went to to provide the best life for my bunny(s).
Sorry rant over :)

Urgh! One of my neighbours saw marble in her carrier earlier, and was like "why a rabbit? They're boring. Should have got a cat or dog!" I proceeded to explain to her the daily antics of my buns, and then this evening, invited her in to see for herself. She was completely shocked by how friendly, active, and playful the girls are, especially my cuddle bun who demanded nose rubs :lol: she now understands why not a cat or dog.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Urgh! One of my neighbours saw marble in her carrier earlier, and was like "why a rabbit? They're boring. Should have got a cat or dog!" I proceeded to explain to her the daily antics of my buns, and then this evening, invited her in to see for herself. She was completely shocked by how friendly, active, and playful the girls are, especially my cuddle bun who demanded nose rubs :lol: she now understands why not a cat or dog.

My friends that actually know me and my love of bunnies were often laughing at the "what tango did next" tales I could tell. :lol:

My friends that actually know me and my love of bunnies were often laughing at the "what tango did next" tales I could tell. :lol:

My friends ask me about my rabbits in the same way that I ask about their children :lol: and I talk about them in the same way!

Totally understand!! I've been back and forth to the vet for days now and the other day, the driver on the way home asked me why I wasn't putting her in the boot. He wasn't a very good driver, didn't know the route home properly and halfway there, asked me if she had to be covered by a blanket as she was 'just a rabbit'. Explained why to all questions but it took all my willpower in that moment to not pin him down and make him think twice before driving at speed and being so inconsiderate again!

Glad it's not just me then :lol:

You're definitely not alone, and I'm sure it's not just us :lol:
When sceptical people meet my girls, they leave understanding my choice a lot better! Some of my friends thought I'd lost the plot when I first got Maizie and Daisy, but after seeing.photos, videos, and meeting them, they love them too :thumb:

Apparently the boring rabbit idea was why my dad always said no to me as a child. He met tango and felt a bit guilty for me and dad missing out on all the rabbit fun and goodness. I am secretly glad I waited till I was an adult as I feel I appreciated the needs of bunnies more. My OH had buns as a child and agrees with me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Apparently the boring rabbit idea was why my dad always said no to me as a child. He met tango and felt a bit guilty for me and dad missing out on all the rabbit fun and goodness. I am secretly glad I waited till I was an adult as I feel I appreciated the needs of bunnies more. My OH had buns as a child and agrees with me.

Definitely not suitable for kids. We had one when I was younger, and I remember thinking it was boring because it wouldn't play :roll:

Totally understand!! I've been back and forth to the vet for days now and the other day, the driver on the way home asked me why I wasn't putting her in the boot. He wasn't a very good driver, didn't know the route home properly and halfway there, asked me if she had to be covered by a blanket as she was 'just a rabbit'. Explained why to all questions but it took all my willpower in that moment to not pin him down and make him think twice before driving at speed and being so inconsiderate again!

This reminds me of when I was at the vets. I was strapping the carrier in the back seat as I was travelling alone and wanted tango as secure as possible. I saw a woman come out with cat in carrier open back door of car practically chuck carrier on back seat and drive off. I may be overly paranoid when travelling with pet but that seemed to the other extreme.

This reminds me of when I was at the vets. I was strapping the carrier in the back seat as I was travelling alone and wanted tango as secure as possible. I saw a woman come out with cat in carrier open back door of car practically chuck carrier on back seat and drive off. I may be overly paranoid when travelling with pet but that seemed to the other extreme.

Call me sad but, I take a circle of rope when I go the vet so after I have put the seatbelt round myself, I put the rope around me and rabbit carrier even though I hold the carrier off my lap at all times to keep it at an even angle. I can't wait to learn how to drive!

Guess it goes to show how much some of us care x

Call me sad but, I take a circle of rope when I go the vet so after I have put the seatbelt round myself, I put the rope around me and rabbit carrier even though I hold the carrier off my lap at all times to keep it at an even angle. I can't wait to learn how to drive!

Guess it goes to show how much some of us care x

I put my carriers on the back seat with the seat belts around them...:lol:

I put my carriers on the back seat with the seat belts around them...:lol:

Does that not upset them? Mine hate being at an angle and start kicking off in their carrier! Doesn't help that I generally get terrible cab drivers :roll:

Does that not upset them? Mine hate being at an angle and start kicking off in their carrier! Doesn't help that I generally get terrible cab drivers :roll:

They stay pretty level to.be honest, plus they have blankets/towels in there to grip. They're very good travellers, they just flop for the journey.

My friends ask me about my rabbits in the same way that I ask about their children :lol: and I talk about them in the same way!

Yep, my mum always asks after her grandchildren, and my boss always asks how my rabbits are too :lol::oops::love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is great to come on here and see how others feel about buns :D

They just don't get it where I work, my family think I'm as mad as a box of frogs to have 7 of them, my OH moans about them and his 10 year old isn't in the least bit interested.

I'm as mad as a box of frogs anyway and having buns make me extremely happy so as far as I'm concerned they are the ones missing out :D

It is great to come on here and see how others feel about buns :D

They just don't get it where I work, my family think I'm as mad as a box of frogs to have 7 of them, my OH moans about them and his 10 year old isn't in the least bit interested.

I'm as mad as a box of frogs anyway and having buns make me extremely happy so as far as I'm concerned they are the ones missing out :D

My dad thinks I'm insane having 5 bunnies when I have no money & spending about £50 a month on bunny insurance. Oh well. I love them & they're worth it.

My dad thinks I'm insane having 5 bunnies when I have no money & spending about £50 a month on bunny insurance. Oh well. I love them & they're worth it.

They sure are! I'm always looking out for stuff for them and spend a fortune on herbs :D

They stay pretty level to.be honest, plus they have blankets/towels in there to grip. They're very good travellers, they just flop for the journey.

This...
Tango was always more relaxed on the way home rather than way there

Back