• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor WiFi Camera for Bunny spying.

toria

Warren Scout
Can anyone recommend a WiFi Camera for my rabbits, who are outside my back door.
I wanted something cheap but does the job and something that is easy to install as I don't have any help.
I would like to possibly view on other computers away from home.

If anyone has any experience / thoughts / suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!

Victoria...

hi,fellow south manchesterian! :thumb:

at the farm owned by the last residential home was living in,we used a IP CCTV camera to keep a close watch on lottie [a beloved now passed on cat of mine],it was impossible to get running on linux though for some reason so had to keep switching to windows to see her-they all seem to come with windows specific software so make sure to look for ones that are linux,mac etc friendly if not a windows user.

ours was a pretty awkward set up-it was a wired IP CCTV camera attached to a dedicated but locked away PC,with its own dedicated internet line.
however if use something like this [maplin are a great store]-
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/apoeye-72...nction-ip-camera-with-smartphone-access-n92cd
will be able to use it wirelessly as long as are prepared to leave the internet and computer running which will act as the server,will need to make sure the hard drive has got a lot of space to,especialy if using a high definition camera.
the above camera have linked to is a comprimise between features and budget but can also be accessed from a smart phone to,pretty cool feature for those who have smart phones.

if woud like to have proper night vision rather than just being good in low light,will need to look at a higher price.

Back