• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ice pods - have you got yours out yet

have you got your icepods out yet?

• yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • no

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • don't have them but use other cooling ways (ie, bottled icewater)

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • what are they?

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
I ordered one last night! They've been fine the last 2 days though and it's going to cool down for the rest of the week I think. Will be getting it out on the next heat wave!

Just voted for what are they, didn't realise alternative was there :oops:

Either way, put out the frozen water bottle for it to be ignored :roll:

I've got the damp towel out in the past two days and all my buns have been laid flat out on it. :roll: They do love their damp towels. :lol:

are ice pods like snuggle safes but for cold?
can you freeze snuggle safes?

Waffles and DP haven't been bothered by the heat yet - they're outdoors in the shade and have lots of water - but am keeping a close eye on them

Tried one for Talullah yesterday as she was very quiet and wondered if the heat was getting to her.
She tried to eat it then ignored it :lol:
Bear and Alice live in at the front of our house now which stays nice and cool.

As a new bunny mum I hadn't heard of them until a couple of days ago. My two have had frozen bottles for the last couple of days. Since I have now ordered some I can guarantee the end of the hot weather. Sorry :oops:

mine have got a flat cool pad to lay on,put it in the freezer for a little time to make it colder except they seem to spend most of their time flat out in the runaround connector tube,looks like the pair love basking in the heat.

i put frozen water bottles which they completely ignore but at least i try :lol:

they prefer to lie on the slab that is in the run or they sit at the top of the hutch in the full sun :roll:

I usually have a cold damp towel too and a frozen bottle. Lola will sometimes lay on the towel if its scorching hot but the bottle always gets ignored... I only do it 'just in case' :lol:

Don't have those - but did got to B&Q and got such a bargin - a box of 10 big floor tiles for £1 - and they do love those. Also got the AC unit set up and working - so all buns are lovely and cool, and I can now relax and enjoy the warm weather.:thumb:

Don't have those - but did got to B&Q and got such a bargin - a box of 10 big floor tiles for £1 - and they do love those. Also got the AC unit set up and working - so all buns are lovely and cool, and I can now relax and enjoy the warm weather.:thumb:

Glad i'm not the only one that uses tiles.
Mine won't use a ice pod or water bottles. They just ignore them but love laying on the cooled tiles.

Back