• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what should I do?

miruuumiruuu

Young Bun
Hi,
My rabbit has in his litter tray pellets (from cat's best universal ) and a few of hay. My problem is that I have in all the house hay and pellets because he scatters them … What Can I do?

you can buy litter trays (picture below) with a piece of wire mesh to sit on top of the tray so wee can still get through but the litter cant alternatively you could fit a piece of mesh to the tray you already have :thumb:

I use large underbed storage boxes as litter trays for my lot (32l). One per rabbit. I line them with newspaper, straw and hay and that seems to work just fine. They do sometimes shred the paper and dig it around but its not too bad to clear up.

you can buy litter trays (picture below) with a piece of wire mesh to sit on top of the tray so wee can still get through but the litter cant alternatively you could fit a piece of mesh to the tray you already have :thumb:

I never fancy these - they don't look at all comfortable.

I use large underbed storage boxes as litter trays for my lot (32l). One per rabbit. I line them with newspaper, straw and hay and that seems to work just fine. They do sometimes shred the paper and dig it around but its not too bad to clear up.

Same here, except I don't use any straw.

I never fancy these - they don't look at all comfortable.

Me neither, I'd be worried about them getting claws or paws stuck too :shock:

My bunnies don't like eating hay from the tray :roll: so I use wood pellet cat litter in the bottom, hay on top, and most of their hay is in a hay rack above their tray.

Last edited:
Me neither, I'd be worried about them getting claws or paws stuck too :shock:

My bunnies don't like eating hay from the tray :roll: so I use wood pellet cat litter in the bottom, hay on top, and most of their hay is in a hay rack above their tray.

My two say that 'proper' bunnies eat their hay from their litter trays! :lol:

My two say that 'proper' bunnies eat their hay from their litter trays! :lol:

:lol: it's surprising mine are like this, they are the rabbityist rabbits I've had, they're very lively (wild/manic :shock:) rabbits that prefer their own company and only tolerate strokes when they are having their pellets or if I'm armed with treats, so you'd think they would eat it off the floor/litter trays but no, they eat far more if it's from the rack :roll:

:lol: it's surprising mine are like this, they are the rabbityist rabbits I've had, they're very lively (wild/manic :shock:) rabbits that prefer their own company and only tolerate strokes when they are having their pellets or if I'm armed with treats, so you'd think they would eat it off the floor/litter trays but no, they eat far more if it's from the rack :roll:

They're being posh! :lol:

My rabbits are like that (except the girls wont even let me stroke them with pellets/treats)!!! Oh and Sunshine lets me stroke him all over any time xxxx

Back