• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anyone elses indoor buns complete scardeybuns??

moi

Mama Doe
Omg when my indoor buns got outside they look terrified at every little bird tweet or noise! Lol x

Mine don't go outside (I don't have a garden) but now the windows are open they jump every time people walk past and went mental when next door started strimming their lawn. I hope they'll get use to the noises soon. Although they still hate it when I fry things after living here since January :roll:

lol! When Timmy was inside he didnt like the smell of curry and went nuts when I cooked it! :shock:

x

Marble is a bit of a scaredy bun, but Maizie and daisy arent phased by anything other than loud bangs :lol:

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Mine don't go out because they just sit in one place looking most upset.

When I had Poppy she would go in a huge strop and if the grass was even slightly damp she would spend the whole time shaking her paws trying to dry them, she was most displeased that I would have the audacity to put her outside.

Stephen is a right coward, Ellie is better and she encourages Stephen to play outside so they're getting better, but yes, originally when Stephen was by himself he would refuse to even set one little paw out the back door!

It's probably just because it's strange to them. Do they have somewhere to hide?

When my girls came in for a short time they were really sketchy because they weren't used to it, everything from the ceiling above them to the carpet beneath them was strange. It look them well over a week to settle in. I imagine it must be even stranger going from inside to out as to have an open sky above must make them feel very vulnerable.

Mine are ok, although they don't like traffic noises. I play music and hoover and have the telly on loud and crash bang wallop around the place with them there though so they're not too bad with noise generally.

Of my lot, only Slipper has been in my garden & a) he used to be an outdoor bun and b) Slipper's not afraid of anything :roll:

My others haven't been out as I only moved in here last June & I only had Slipper then. The rest haven't had the opportunity to go out yet when I'm there to supervise. I wouldn't have thought they'd be bothered though - they're well used to household noises of hoovers, washing machines, tv, hairdryers, me & OH etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mylo has always been quite skittish, not so much with noises or other animals but definitely with people (she absolutely hates MIL coming in the room! :shock:) but is completely fine with me and OH. Fili just isn't phased by anything and will happily sleep through any disturbances.

They have a hidey hole but just have a look of 'what was that, whose that, whaat sort of creature is that' about them! lol

Amongst the scardybunness Tonic does so many more binkys in the garden though. x

It's probably just because it's strange to them. Do they have somewhere to hide?

When my girls came in for a short time they were really sketchy because they weren't used to it, everything from the ceiling above them to the carpet beneath them was strange. It look them well over a week to settle in. I imagine it must be even stranger going from inside to out as to have an open sky above must make them feel very vulnerable.

This.

Bob loves it outside and I swear given the choice he'd be an outside bun. Kizzy wanders out, checks to see if there is any chaos she can cause then wanders back. But Kizzy is definitely an indoor bun and where Kizzy goes Bob will always follow. :love:

Strangely, Bob will race around the garden, into the dinning room around the living room back through the dinning room and back out into the garden at high speed, but he will not cross the threshold from the living room into the hall - ever - not even once in all the two and half years we've had him.

Kizzy will try and dodge around us to get into the hallway at every opportunity I think she finds it funny to watch the silly humans chase her upstairs. On the rare occasions she manages to get by us without us noticing she will sit at the top of the stairs and thump until one of us dutifully runs upstairs after her. We get in reach of the top step and she binkies away into the bedroom.

So neither bun is scared of the great outdoors but Bob is scared of the hallway :cry:

Bob loves it outside and I swear given the choice he'd be an outside bun. Kizzy wanders out, checks to see if there is any chaos she can cause then wanders back. But Kizzy is definitely an indoor bun and where Kizzy goes Bob will always follow. :love:

Strangely, Bob will race around the garden, into the dinning room around the living room back through the dinning room and back out into the garden at high speed, but he will not cross the threshold from the living room into the hall - ever - not even once in all the two and half years we've had him.

Kizzy will try and dodge around us to get into the hallway at every opportunity I think she finds it funny to watch the silly humans chase her upstairs. On the rare occasions she manages to get by us without us noticing she will sit at the top of the stairs and thump until one of us dutifully runs upstairs after her. We get in reach of the top step and she binkies away into the bedroom.

So neither bun is scared of the great outdoors but Bob is scared of the hallway :cry:

Kizzy sounds like she's found a fun game :lol:

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Kizzy sounds like she's found a fun game :lol:

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

I'll second that. I'm looking after a bunny for a friend who loves being norty so she's told off & then binkies :roll::lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back