• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Funny bunny quirk - anyone else's bunny do this?

Katex

Warren Scout
This must be a bunny thing?

We had a large lop bunny who sadly died a few years ago. When you rubbed the ends of his ears between finger and thumb, he started washing his front paws. I thought it was just something Dylan did, but I've been rubbing our new bun's ears and they do exactly the same thing! It's comical to see, and they don't seem bothered about it, but as soon as I start rubbing the end of the ear, up goes the front paws and they start washing until I stop.

Anyone know why? And does anyone else's bunny do this?

My Mimzy does this. :) I thought it was just a weird quirk because my other two don't do it. It must be a lop thing.
Maybe it tickles? :lol:

Ha ha pleased to see that other bunnies do this, I thought we must attract mad bunnies! We used to do it all the time to our old bunny, he loved it!

You have to rub the end of the ear (the softest floppiest bit) firmly between finger and thumb. It is like an instinctive reaction!

I'm going to try this on marble...when she comes out from under the bed :roll:

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

I must try this out on Amy. Usually when I'm petting her, she starts washing me, not herself.

I'm going to try this on Blackavar as soon as I get up. Blueberry would run a mile & Slipper would just bite me :roll:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back