• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Been foraging- ID please

Fluffs

Alpha Buck
Hi
I've been out foraging and got some bramble leaves, hawthorn, rose leaves, dandelions, rowan, cleavers and dead nettle.
Are these all safe? I want to double check before I give Fluffy any.

Also, It might seem like a silly question but would Fluffy not spike her mouth trying to eat bramble?

Thank you! :)

I don't know about rowan and dead nettle. The others are all fine. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can turn the brambles over on a table and run a stone or back of a spoon along the spikes to flatten them or cut out the main 'rib' containing the thorns.

Dead nettle is absolutely fine to feed to bunnies :thumb:. I pick it for mine. And I cut big branches off the hawthorn hedge in my garden and feed it to the buns as it is. They never seem to injure themselves on it, although I do when I'm cutting it :censored:.

Hi
I've been out foraging and got some bramble leaves, hawthorn, rose leaves, dandelions, rowan, cleavers and dead nettle.
Are these all safe? I want to double check before I give Fluffy any.

Also, It might seem like a silly question but would Fluffy not spike her mouth trying to eat bramble?

Thank you! :)

They're all fine. :)

I use this website as a rough guide for what the bunnies can and can't eat... Safe Edible Plants for Rabbits. Rose isn't a hit in our house but hawthorn, dandelions and nettle are. Goose grass is also a hit in our house (sticky weed) if you have any nearby, and mallow. :)
My two eat bramble leaves with no problems at all, but as Dusty says you can take the spikes off if you prefer.

Back