• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone have a window shelf/box to show me?

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
I want to have something at the window that the bunnies can sit on/in and see out of the window in the shed. I've had a couple of potential ideas but finding it hard to visualise! Do you think it would need to be fully enclosed for safety or would a shelf with a barrier be ok? Just thinking if it's quite a small space and all the bunnies decide to squash on, I'd hate for any of them to get pushed off! But if it's fully enclosed would it be too 'cage' like? Even considering buying an indoor cage and connecting it to a ramp/tunnel for access but just finding it difficult to imagine how it would work/look!! Also would they use it as yet another place to pee?! :roll:

I don't have a window box, so can't help, sorry. How high are they? Are they too high for a shelf? Could you put a shelf on it with an edge like your top level in the shed? It's not like you to be stuck for ideas :shock: I wonder if anyone's got anything similar in the housing sticky?

I don't have a window box, so can't help, sorry. How high are they? Are they too high for a shelf? Could you put a shelf on it with an edge like your top level in the shed? It's not like you to be stuck for ideas :shock: I wonder if anyone's got anything similar in the housing sticky?

In know haha :lol: I feel like a barrier won't be safe enough as it will be a smaller area. On the platform, because it's a bigger area, if there's any chasing, pushing in or scuffles, there's room to move away but on a shelf there wouldn't be so I'd be worried that one if them might get pushed over the edge! I've kind of got an idea just thought some pics if what other people have done might help me visualise it a bit more! Or if I may be over thinking and there's a much simpler solution to what I've got in mind :lol:

Back