• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Painting a rabbits house

Lozzibear

Warren Scout
If you paint a rabbits house (shed/dog kennel) then how long do you need to wait before the rabbits can go into it?

Firstly it has to be rabbit safe paint - cuprinol is pet safe :thumb:

It's really dependent on the air flow and circulation of the setup as to how quickly the smell and fumes go away. I personally like to wait 3/4 days before returning the pet into the newly painted setup.

I once painted a hutch and the rabbits had to go back in after a few hours, but it was fully dry and I suppose a hutch has much more ventilation. My shed however took a lot longer to dry and the fumes seemed much stronger, it took several days to completely dry out.

Thanks guys :) the paint I have says it is safe for pets when dry so should be okay :) I haven't got the rabbits yet, and don't expect them for at least a week if not 2, so in that case I have plenty time to get it painted this week :)

Thanks guys :) the paint I have says it is safe for pets when dry so should be okay :) I haven't got the rabbits yet, and don't expect them for at least a week if not 2, so in that case I have plenty time to get it painted this week :)

Sounds brilliant! :thumb:

We definitely need lots of pictures! :wave:

Thanks :) I started painting today and it looks so much better already!! Very pleased lol can't wait until it's all done :)

Back