• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally, 3 years on

RedFraggle

Warren Veteran
I've found a stress free way to get metacam into Scarlet!
She's refused it in banana before but she's a very suspiscious and aloof bun so based on something Captain Helen said about Misty just taking metacam from a syringe I tried mixing with mushed banana and offering it in the syringe through the mesh of the run. She ate it! I've now given her a top up dose via the syringe using ella's kitchen banana and apple and she had that straight off.
I know sweet stuff isn't great but she's only having about 0.2 ml with her metacam mixed in. It means I'm not in her face and we know she gets the whole dose in one hit.
Hopefully with proper continued dosing she'll improve some more.
Is this an option long term? or is that amount of Ella's twice a day not ok?

Last edited:
I know lots of people disagree with giving banana and suchlike, but i always give my buns meds in a small slice of mashed banana, with no problems whatsoever. Stress free and easy :wave: and yes, i do this everyday. Maybe it might not agree with some sensitive bunny tummies, but it works for mine x

I know lots of people disagree with giving banana and suchlike, but i always give my buns meds in a small slice of mashed banana, with no problems whatsoever. Stress free and easy :wave: and yes, i do this everyday. Maybe it might not agree with some sensitive bunny tummies, but it works for mine x

This. :thumb:

With flopsy's kidney tablet and his heart - I have to grind them and then mix them with mashed banana for him to take them. Works well for us.

Fortunately Flopsy adores his metacam.

You may find that as she gets used to taking ftom the syringe you may well be able to gradually reduce the amount of banana until she just has metacam :)

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

Back