• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could do with some help to decide what's best

weedug

Mama Doe
Following on from my post about Fluff's eyes (sorry, don't know how to do the link), I could really do with some thoughts on what to do.

Basically, Fluff appears to have a thymoma, or some other tumor in his chest. My vet was rubbish, and after 2 visits past me on to their exotics vet. He seemed better, but insists on doing an x-ray and biopsy before giving Fluff any treatment. No x-ray = no treatment. I'm not happy with getting a biopsy done before he gets any treatment. The vet assured me Fluff would be lightly put under for a minimum time. He is too nervous to be x-rayed without being put under.

I could change to a different practice, but would need to wait until about the middle of the week for an appointment, and then there would be another delay if they wanted to do an x-ray before starting treatment. I would need to pay £50 minimum for taxi fares to the new vet too, and I wouldn't be able to afford to go too often.

So basically, I hoped to get some other thoughts on which route others would go? I don't have anyone to talk to about it. I know the final decision is mine, but thought this might help me decide what is best.

I just want Fluff to be made a bit more comfortable with the minimum stress.

I'm sorry you're in this position and that Fluff is too. I think it would take someone with more knowledge of the medical aspects than I have, to give an proper opinion. Hope someone is along shortly.

Back