• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 2 Does

I have 2 does Poppy was neutered before i rehomed her and Luna who was just neutered Tuesday. Poppy free ranges My conservatory and Luna has been housed in an indoor cage, they do keep sniffing each other but not majorly bothered and there has been no aggression at all. Is this a good thing, will it be easier bonding them when Luna has been neutered 6 weeks ?

I've had no joy at all bonding my two spayed females. Even when I put them in a cat carrier to take on a car journey they're lock-on fighting. Have now given up....

Certainly I believe bonding two females can be more difficult than a neutered male and spayed female. But having said that, it all depends on their personalities, and you'll probably not get a good idea of that until you put them together.

If one is more dominant and the other fairly submissive then you're in with a chance :thumb:

Two does is generally considered to be the hardest bond, so I would definitely wait til 6 weeks post neuter to even try. If possible, it would be wise to keep them completely separate until then as females are very territorial and you could ruin the chance of a bond in the future if one gets cross with the other intruding on their patch

Back