• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Took in Abandoned Bunny, what are best toys?

Klentz

New Kit
Hi, My name is Kathleen and I'm new to the world of house rabbits. After my daughter and I found a bunny abandoned in front of a thrift store, I begrudgingly agreed to take him in. He now has a large cage and has been neutered. However, I need ideas (other than another rabbit) to keep him occupied while we are gone all day (often 12 hours). He sure is a chewer!

Sometimes it's the cheapest toys which are most appreciated :roll: mine love cardboard boxes, I just cut 2 doors out so they can run through and they usually put in their own windows :lol: You could also recycle toilet/kitchen roll tubes by stuffing them with hay and bits of forage. You can get willow or apple sticks which buns like to chew, he might prefer to chew them instead of things you don't want him to. To keep him company, try a cuddly toy (soft toys for babies are best as there's nothing he could choke on)
Good luck with your new bunny and well done for taking him in :thumb:

Well really (as you must know from your comment) another bunny would be the best if you're out 12 hours a day. You may find it easier in the long run as one bunny is a lot harder to entertain!

Otherwise I find edible tree branches and chew mats are a success with Ludo. :wave:

Back