• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vaccination reminders

Babsie

Wise Old Thumper
Following on from a very sad thread earlier, I assumed my vet sent me reminders for my rabbits, as my cat vet does, but I'm going to check their cards as this has me worried.

I know my vet does for Apricot and Ginger, but I've got to rely on myself to get Dandy and Beano booked in, as last year I'd not had them long when they were due, and I worried myself sick how I was going to get 2 very untame rabbits to the vets :shock: In the end one of my goats was ill a month before they were due, so I got the farm vet to do them, in situ in their hutch :shock::lol: hence they're not going to get a reminder from my small animal vets....

My vet leaves voicemails with my OH a few weeks before they're due. He NEVER tells me until I tell him I've booked them in and then he'll be like 'oh yeah I had a message about that'.

Not sure why I've not sorted that out and got them to ring me instead!

Our vet sends postal remindrrs and text reminders. Plus they list all vaccination and dental clinic recalls on the bottom of receipts :)

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

Mine sent a reminder about Mottle's tooth spurs, which I was impressed with but not had any vaccination reminders.

I have made up a list of all my rabbits vaccine dates/years so that its easy to refer to.

My vets send a postcard with the bunny name on a month before due. My two boys vet is very in demand so always book when it comes through. She does nearly all the operations so always busy but the boys love her :love:

Back