• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sheffield pets at home rabbit awareness event sat (tomorrow)

dumblepaws

Mama Doe
Hello

Just to say that there's a rwaf rabbit awareness event tomorrow 9-5 at heeley pets at home
I'll be there 1-5 if anyone wants to say hi!

I hope it all goes well tomorrow.:thumb:

Thanks Mrs B!
It was pretty quiet - but there were some people who had very well looked after, neutered, wonderful rescue bunnies, some sad tales of recently passed 11 year old bunnies along with some people who had some questions who we were able to help.
A bunny was dumped on Pets at Home before i got there by someone going on holiday who planned to just get another bunny when they got back :censored::censored:
And there was a lady whose daughter had bought two "brothers" from gumtree, and now had nine bunnies and wasn't sure if the doe was pregnant again (although they were now separated) but she was trying really hard to do things right for them
But overall really positive stories.

10313765_10152029563546384_2912591880615126740_n.jpg

Glad to see Pets at Home embracing this.. Lets hope eventually they'll stop selling bunnies..
With each new informed owner, theres a little shining beacon of hope... Its. Just not shining strongly enough though..:cry:

Back