• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lucky and Blossom update prompted by dizzyg

Riggs

Warren Scout
Thanks to dizzyg for asking after Lucky on another thread.

Sorry it has Been a while since the last update, it has been very busy here with work and Family stuff going on and of course our new arrival.

As some of you will know Lucky is a 4 1/2 year old half wildie who came to us 8 weeks ago as a re-home, was very nervous and had litter training issues

Lucky is settling in really well now and is getting more confident by the day, we now only have a couple of wee accidents a week rather than every day and we haven't had any frightened wee’s for a good few weeks now, I have revised the litter tray set up and am now using an old base from an inside cage I had which is working better.

He is getting much friendlier, still doesn't like being picked up but tolerates it much better and will now let me stroke him at breakfast and dinner times.

Blossom is her usual self and still my friend who sits with me when we are in the garden, ( See "Rabbits Need Humans") she is still a bit on the heavy side as she hoovers up all of Lucky’s left overs so it is difficult to keep her on a diet, although with the improved weather we are getting more garden time so the exercise is doing her good and to be honest I don't think she is ever going to be a skinny Rabbit.

I have made some improvements to the hidey hutch and run combo and have got rid of the plastic boxes and added some logs that I acquired from a friends wood pile, so more organic. The run now has a sun shade which I need to fix down properly so that it doesn't collect so much rain water.

All in all Blossom and Lucky are doing well and are becoming a lot closer as they get used to each other and can even be seen having cuddle time much more often these days.

Lucky, being a good hay eater, has encouraged Blossom to eat more hay as she thinks that she is missing out on something, Blossom in turn is slowly showing Lucky that it is good to be friendly with your Human, he now actually comes out to see me and I have two dancing bunnies round my feet at Breakfast and dinner times, Lucky will now take treats from my hand, and will sometimes even let me touch him as well.

Blossom remains a little fuss monster and will insist that I pay her attention when I am in the office and will often pester me until I let her up on the desk so that she can help, and get strokes as well of course.

Taking on Lucky was always going to be challenging but as we get closer and build our trust and friendship it is so worth while and in some ways more rewarding for the trials and tribulations along the way

I have attached some recent photos for you to see how well we are doing here.

Lucky enjoying garden time

And Cuddle time.

Blosskins and Lucky in the garden

Supper time

The run / hidy hutch combo

[URL=http://s791.photobucket.com/user/Rigsey/media/DSC_0710_zps5889ab6b.jpg.html]

And last but not least Blosskins catching the last rays of sunshine before coming in for the night.

More later as I have a Blossom nudging my ankles to tell me that it is fuss time.

Riggs

Last edited:
:love: What a beautiful pair.
Lucky looks quite the devoted husbun.
It's lovely when positive things about both rabbits rub off on the other.
Well done taking on Lucky, I'm sure you'll be rewarded as he gains confidence.
Blossom looks very chuffed with her handsome man :love:

Back