• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help me make my second hand hutch better (flooring and cleaning advice)

runhardlivelong

Warren Scout
So I got a good size hutch on ebay! Its second hand which is fine, although it will require a little work!

Questions for the experts!
1) Whats the best thing to use to really really clean the hutch, there are some wee stains from the previous occupants!!

2) I would like to put lino or similar on the floor (as the reason they are going in the hutch is because Ralph just wees everywhere!), what do you recommend?

3) Whats the best thing to use to stick the lino/similar on the wood?

Any advice appreciated!

Disinfectant or vinegar for cleaning. You can buy lino tiles with sticky backs that you can cut to size and shape I have used them in the past and they were good. The ones on the shelf in my shed have been down about 5 years now

When I bought 2nd hand hutches I cleaned them with virkon s, and also steam cleaned them, they came up as good as new. And for Lino I got given some for free from my local independent carpet shop when I asked about roll ends for my bunnies :thumb:

Poundland sells the sticky back lino tiles :)

They are easy to fit as you can cut them to shape with strong scissors.

Back