• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about my bunny, please help

iggyperdyandme

Alpha Buck
I'm not sure what to do. We have gone away for the night and have a friend checks on my rabbits.

I don't know many people where I live and haven't lived there that long and she isn't too rabbit savy but is very caring and I have been giving instructions and checking in with her. We have only been gone since 3 this morning. When she came to do the tea time check after she finished work, Walter wouldn't come out from under the bed where he hides. Betty did. She said that she stayed behind the door for a few mins but he wouldn't come out.

I don't know if I'm being paranoid and he has no history of ileus or ill health. He is nearly 2 and healthy but he does get nervous and sometimes won't eat if we have been near a dog or out for longer than he likes. We are back tomorrow eve but I'm considering getting an earlier flight.

I thought he would be fine because it's only over night and he was being cheeked on.

I fed them this morning too, so he could jut be full?

I'm worried that he isn't eating and she will be at work tomorrow and he won't have anyone to check on him and it don't know if I should just come back now.

I don't think she would be able to catch him because they free range house bunnies too.

I didn't want to move any way and now he might be poorly and it's my fault. Where we used to live is 100 miles away but my friend was really good with the bunnies and while I am so grateful my friend can help, I wish she was a rabbit fan.

She is going back later on to try and tempt him with treats but I don't know what to do.

How are they normally with other humans? Could it be a trust thing?

You know your rabbits better than anyone else so would they eat each others food if one them was ill? That might be a good way to check. I know when one of my two is ill, as greedy as they both are, they always leave each others share so if there is any food left later or none, it might give a good indication as to whether or not they're ill as he might have just been waiting for your friend to leave.

What area do you live in? I'm sure there will be someone on here local to you that would be happy to accompany your friend but try not to worry too much for now.

I'm guessing your friend won't be able to get to the vets tomorrow if they're working so if there are any issues, would they be able to take them tonight? x

Could it be that he is just nervous of her? I would suggest that she leave the food down and leave, then come back later and check it has been eaten.

Thank you for replying.

He is a very nervous bunny. He did eat last time she fed them though. But they hadn't had food in the day.

I live in the middle of nowhere now so I'm not sure there is anyone local.

I don't know what to do to be honest. The vets isn't far but her catching him to take him could be an issue. They hide right under our bed.

Could it be that he is just nervous of her? I would suggest that she leave the food down and leave, then come back later and check it has been eaten.

That's the plan at the moment. There is a flight at 8 in the morning but that's 12 hours away and if he isn't eating I don't know whether to just book that.

was going to say may be nervous of a stranger coming in to their home, my rabbits love people, but get abit nervous if strangers come into their room, and hang around me more

can she stay alittle longer maybe lay down on the floor or something, and see if they are eating, has your bunny done any poops do you know?

Walter has gobbled up treats!!!! I'm so relieved!!! I think he was just being a pain. It's a good job I love him so much!!!

Thank you for replying, I'm such a worry wart!!

Back