• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am crying so much

bunkin

Warren Veteran
I have never lived with an animal before and no idea of the incredible grief when they go.
His lifelong tummy trouble that he always recovered from in a day started on Monday and he didn't recover. He was totally terrified of his carrier and being away from home, so bad vets worried he would die of fright so we always got the vet to the house.
We tried everything we could do at home for him to move the partial blockage but by this morning it became clear that he was just going down and had been suffering all the time. The vet gave us two options - he would have to go in for intensive treatment, on a drip etc etc as Jane said on her reply in health and vet did not think he would survive this at his age and he would have been in total terror the whole time or pts sleep in my husbands arms in peace at home.

We chose to pts. Please, I feel so guilty anway so please please don't make me feel any worse.

I can't believe how much it hurts, I would do anything to get the healthy him back to lick me and run to me everytime I came into the room and flick his feet in disgust when I didn't give him his fav treat every time.

Oh no :( I am so very sorry.

I don't think anyone could question your decision to euthanise. It was the most selfless and kind decision you could have made for him, and I'm sure he would have been grateful of that. Giving an animal peace and comfort in it's last moments is, no doubt, the best thing you can do for your furry friend. You gave him the most outstanding level of care and dedication in his years; no rabbit could have wished for better.

Binky free, gorgeous boy.

Last edited:
Oh no :( I am so very sorry.

I don't think anyone could question your decision to euthanise. It was the most selfless and kind decision you could have made for him, and I'm sure he would have been grateful of that. Giving an animal peace and comfort in it's last moments is, no doubt, the best thing you can do for your furry friend. You gave him the most outstanding level of care and dedication in his years; no rabbit could have wished for better.

Binky free, gorgeous boy.

This. Sending hugs to you, I'm so sorry :cry: xx

These little darlings really do touch our hearts and souls. The pain of losing them still overwhelms me after owning and losing so many little furry friends over the years.

Try to reflect on the fact that you did everything possible and in the end you showed the final kindness of giving him a peaceful passing. My thoughts are with you at this sad time.:cry:

I'm so, so sorry. RIP Bunny.

I've just read the whole health thread. How brave and selfless you are to put Bun first and not have him suffer the stress of such treatment away from home in unfamiliar surroundings.

Huge hugs to you.xx

Thank you all so much. Just found my husband sobbing his heart out hoovering up all the hay in our sitting room. Bunny nuzzled his face while he was cuddling him for the vet and I think this is hurting him so much - I told him that bun trusted him and was happy and didn't know what was going to happen and we didn't push a syringe into his mouth which he hated.

sorry waffling!

I don't even know what to say, I feel so completely hollow myself now. I guess you've just got to think YOU had him, you knew him and loved him and cared for him better than anyone else could have done. Bunnies aren't stupid, they can feel that love I'm sure.

Huge gentle hugs from me.

I'm so sorry for your loss :cry: it sounds like you did the best thing for him, though I know that won't help with your grief. Binky free little bunny xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no, I'm so so sorry to see this :cry: i always felt like i knew your bun, as he was so like my Daisy :cry:
Sending massive hugs to you. It's good that he didn't have to go to the vets, you did the right thing, although i know it will be hurting like hell right now :cry:

Xxx

Heartbreaking times, I am so sorry for your loss. At least he was with the people he loved oblivious and now out of pain.

It's truly hard and a real physical as well as emotional pain you will feel. Come on here and ' waffle' as often as you need to.

Take care x x

I'm so sorry for your loss :( Sometimes the kindest thing that we can do for them is to say enough is enough - it is our last act of love for them.

Back