• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please Help. Dont know what to do for the best :(

bunnylover4

Warren Scout
Please can someone advise , a pair of my rabbits who's bond has broke are going to live as neighbours [mesh between them to avoid injury but company at the same time] Gizmo is a gummy bunny who has had an abscess removed from his head/ ear recently and things have gone very wrong with his relationship with Alex his bunny wife. After trying to rebond we see now that Alex although she can be nice and groom gizmo she can also be a bully and due to the stress on gizmo [following advice from on here] we are separating them.:cry::cry::cry: What I want to know is as they will be neighbours and need to be used to each others smells etc should we still be putting them in each others hutches etc [until new home is made] so they are still use to each other or should we keep them away from each other until they can be neighbours ? Let me explain our set up
Ok so I have four rabbits. Yoshi & Tiggs [ who are lovely dovey:love:] and then Alex & Gizmo [who are not so :roll:] They all live in a summer house at the bottom of the garden [two separate three story hutches, with a divide so they cant see each other etc] however due to the breakup of alex and gizmo we are now having my step-dad who is a carpenter build us a 8-10ft x 16-20ft summer house to allow for three separate homes . We want Yoshi & Tiggs down one end away from the other two within their own play area boarded off and then Alex & Gizmo to live along side each other so they still have company but with a mesh divide to stop the bullying . We worry about them get lonely else. :cry:

I posted in health recently as Gizmo [who is also a gummy bunny] had an abscess removed from his head/ear and we had to have him in the house as we needed to be able to keep the wound clean etc . Due to it being an open wound we had to separate him from Alex :cry:

We don't know what to do next. Any tips or advice would be good. Or ideas I am happy to try anything :(

I think if you aren't intending on rebonding it won't be necessary to keep swapping hutches etc, I would just have them in their separate set ups until they can have the new divided setup. Obviously as a last resort the divided setup is much better than them being alone. :thumb:

Back