• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

at vets a second night :(

lucy24

Mama Doe
she has stopped eating over the last hour. she refuses banana, pellets- all faves. hopefully the taxi company will take payment over the phone as i stupidly forgot to get the emergency cash out.

really need vibes....she is not coming to her name just sitting in the corner of my kitchen....im off to ring the vet....:cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Many many vibes. Let's hope the vet can sort it and she's right as rain very soon.

These buns don't half worry us sometimes :shock:

honey had to stay overnight. she has bloat and was dhydrated.

vet phoned this morning. she is only margonally better and up till 4am she hadnt improved so is keeping her for the day and will ring this afternoon for an update. charlie is with her being a pig and doing big poos as per usual lol he is such a character! i miss them being round my feet though :(

oh and it cost me a whopping £51 for a taxi there and back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yikes at the taxi bill!

Glad she's improved a little, but here's hoping she can come home soon.

thanks everyone i really appreciate the support- not everyone would get why i worry so much about my lovely bunnies!

Sending loads of vibes for Honey. Hope she is eating soon.

Taxi bills are awful on top of vet bills. The highest I've paid is £34 for one way! Luckily someone came to collect me!

her tummy is back to normal but still not eating as of 1pm. waiting for another update to see if she can come home....if she gets the ok im off to ask someone for a lift- no way paying 50 again lol

sadly she has to stay overnight again. her tummy is feeling like it should but she isnt eating much except a few strands of grass. but gill (the vet) said she should be ok to come home tomorrow. charlie is apparently taking full advantage of the extra food and fuss :lol::lol::love:

i really miss them though :(

just a note to say she came home the next day and thankfully is back to normal! :wave: just need to keep an eye on their moulting!!!!:roll:

Back