• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit stealing things?

Lucy-Lou

Mama Doe
Does anyone else's rabbit do this? Our house bun Barney is 'collecting' (ie. thieving ;)) various things and dragging them back to his pen. Sometimes he hides them in the back corner so I can't get at them without getting on my belly and crawling in as there's a shelf above :roll:

So far his collection includes:

-an empty raisin snack box
-one of my socks
-a piece of card
-a plastic syringe (which he had chewed beyond recognition by the time I got it back!)
-various ribbons and hair bobbles

Is this typical behaviour? :? Or is my bun just badly behaved :lol:

Mine stole a bourbon biscuit once but I managed to get it back not before he had eaten a few chunks lol.

A very impressive collection Barney has though lol xx

hugs xx

Hector steals food - the fridge is his favourite source of plunder....

Impressive collection for your little furry!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raul isca budgie but he steals small things to play with.

:lol: I've heard birds are good little thieves! My dad had a budgie when he was little - it used to steal my grandad's pack of matches and then fling it round until they all fell out :roll:

Swear mine stole my iphone charger last night :roll: I let them roam free around my room while I'm sleeping and when I woke up my charger had disappeared. They've been trying to get at it all week. No idea where it's gone :lol:

Not really normal, no! They'll run off with food to a 'safe' spot to eat it so you can't steal it back, which might explain raisin box as that would smell tasty. Other things like socks don't really fall under that though. It's a fairly unusual quirk!

Fergie stole ribbon and ate it on Saturday (I had a heart attack and didn't stop worrying until Monday) and he's stolen boyfriends boxers and made a nice little nest in his house with them before... We gave them him as a present in the end :lol:

Back