• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Size for a group of five rabbits?

LaraFarah

Alpha Buck
I am moving my rabbits due to various reasons. They will be moving to a bigger area (30 feet by 10 feet) and I will be building their housing. What would be best?

Could I get away with a playhouse type and put two levels in?

7 x 5? I wouldn't go any smaller personally.

Really? I thought I would have to go bigger! That is good, I can do 7x5 housing and then place four foot hutches etc around the run so they can have room to run and play.

Thank you all for your response.

Once it is finished, they will yes have 24/7 access but I want to put them to bed for a week first so that in case of vet visits etc, I can easily catch them. Awful to say but they (apart from Darcy and Martha) understandably hate to be picked up so an easy way of catching them is a must.

There will also be photos - I cannot wait but it will be around August time before they move as I am currently waiting for a tunnel and an apple tree to be delivered. As well as waiting for my grass to grow really well as they are going to an area where my chickens used to be. It is madness at the moment, updating every animals' areas!

i would maybe go 8 x 6 as a minimum, i have 2 rabbits in that size and i cant imagine 5 being happy in something smaller! but i could be wrong. it sounds exciting, i love updating animal areas! looking forward to pictures :D

I have a quad in a 10 x 6 shed with a 10 x 6 run. I will soon be partitioning off some of the shed (6 x 3) for a separate pair (once I have built their run), so the quad will then have 7 x 6 which I reakon is fine. Should be fine for five of them, especially with all that lovely space to run around in.

Back