• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dash is not well :( *Update - 16/05*

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Dash doesn't seem himself and seems unsteady on his feet :( He's eating, drinking and pooing, he is moving around and went out on the grass last night but spent most of the time just sitting. He doesn't seem to be able to jump up and down very well, he's jumping into the litter trays ok but when he lands he seems to wobble a bit. I've read up on what it could be and I'm hoping its nothing serious, there's no head tilt and he's not falling over as such, just a bit unsteady when he jumps. I've put a bowl of water down on the floor so he doesn't need to jump. Got a vets appt tonight, but I'm relying on my boss coming home on time :roll:

Last edited:
Well if it is an ear infection or EC it atleast sounds as though you've caught it early. Sending loads of vibes xxxxx

Well if it is an ear infection or EC it atleast sounds as though you've caught it early. Sending loads of vibes xxxxx

Thanks. I've not noticed him scratching his ears or anything and I can't see anything nasty looking but obviously it needs a vet to get a proper look down there! I'm hoping it is something easily treatable. It's horrible seeing him not right as he's normally top bun!

Can anyone advice am I best to take him to the vets on his own or take another bun with him? In their pairs I would always take both but now they're a quad I'm not sure what's best! Don't want to unnecessarily stress another bun out!

Sending lots of vibes for Dash xxxx

I usually only take the bun that needs treatment and I have found their other half isn't that bothered and we are only usually gone for around 30-40 mins. I always give the group a treat when we get home and so they tend to focus more on that followed by washing the vet smell off the bunny that had the visit.

Hope all goes well for him xxx

Sending lots of vibes for Dash xxxx

I usually only take the bun that needs treatment and I have found their other half isn't that bothered and we are only usually gone for around 30-40 mins. I always give the group a treat when we get home and so they tend to focus more on that followed by washing the vet smell off the bunny that had the visit.

Hope all goes well for him xxx

Ok thanks, I can give them their tea when I get back, with extra treats :) they got loads of treats last night too cos Dash was reluctant to eat so I got loads of stuff out to encourage him! Thinking about it he was a bit less enthusiastic about his tea a few nights ago but I didn't worry as he did eat something and I hadn't noticed any balance issues then but maybe that was the start of him showing he wasn't quite right :( Hope he's ok

Thanks everyone, well my bosses did not get home on time :evil: I had to cancel appointment, I was almost crying on the phone to the vets I was so annoyed and upset. I've got another appointment in the morning. Luckily Dash is pretty much the same, well obviously lucky would mean he's made a miraculous recovery but I mean he is no worse :( He was hiding when I went to check on them, but I got some willow and bramble leaves and he ate some straight away so I know he's still eating. I've left the door open so they can come out and he hopped outside perfectly fine but then he looked up and shook his ear on one side as if something was in his ear, then lost his balance a bit and then hopped back inside :( It's not like he's completely falling over, but like he just loses his balance then rights himself and he's fine. Def thinking it's an ear infection now, hoping it's easily treatable, can't wait to get him to the vets tomorrow poor Dash :cry:

Poor Dash... And how frustrating for you. ((Hugs)).

Sending lots of ((((vibes)))) for tomorrow's appointment.x :love:

It definitely sounds as though he has an ear infection. If you have any Metacam at home could you call the Vet and ask if they are OK about you giving him a dose of it tonight ? It would help with any pain and inflammation until the Vet sees him in the morning

Sending vibes for Dash xx My Dillon is a bit off today which is unusual for him! Must be something in the air!

It definitely sounds as though he has an ear infection. If you have any Metacam at home could you call the Vet and ask if they are OK about you giving him a dose of it tonight ? It would help with any pain and inflammation until the Vet sees him in the morning

No metacam :( Will an ear infection be simple to treat?

Back