• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help choosing run please!

tigerlilyb84

Young Bun
Hi all,

I currently have four bonded house buns who are soon to move outdoors into 6x6ft wendy house. The wendy house is on slabs and we've left slabs to the side for a run (space is 220x120cm or 7x3.93ft)

I've actually already bought the xxl version this metal run in eBay because it fits the space perfectly http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/281237790564?txnId=1204135007018

But having read a lot of the threads on here I'm thinking maybe I should go for a wooden run. I found a perfect one on ukrabbithutches.co.UK which is 7x4x3 ft but its ever so slightly too wide for my slabs :-(

Would a metal run be ok or should I keep looking for a wooden one? I live in Northampton if anyone knows someone localish that builds bespoke ones?

I would get on made, I'm about to get mine made and just getting quotes, it can be more reasonable than you think. I have to go for hosp appointment now but will post more info pm to give you an idea of what you can get for your money

yep, there's Moore space man who is lovely, and thehutchman who is on this forum, and also found this seller on Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/elliejackevans?_trksid=p2047675.l2559 who are lovely too I'm just waiting on a quote from both but when I contacted elliejackevans they quoted a couple of months ago 5' wide x 9' long and 5' high at £130 plus £65 delivery just to give you an idea.
the great thing about having it made id you have it how you need it as most of uus have set ups that require a bit of tweeking for the run so rather than having to hack a brand new run to adjust it for you, you just have it built to your specification....

I am just waiting on new quotes as I have finally worked out exactly what I need and have saved up some money!

just to add, I have two of those metal runs connected together, I wish I had never bought them as I find them a nightmare to get into and I did find it bent out of shape once as if a fox had tried to shove his head through....(bunnies weren't hurt)

I have only just managed to save enough money to replace with a walk in run. I can see the metal ones being ok for moving round the grass for a bit of free range if the garden isn't secure, but for 24/7 access-no, I have learnt the hard way.

Last edited:
This ^ they are fine for supervised time but not otherwise.
My Hutch and run is from the Welfare Hutch company and it's fab quality.

Thank you all. Unfortunately Moore's isn't taking orders now until July! Have left a message with welfare hutches and also got a very reasonable quote for a bespoke run from ukhutches.co.uk. Does anyone know about the quality and sturdiness of runs from there?

Thank you all. Unfortunately Moore's isn't taking orders now until July! Have left a message with welfare hutches and also got a very reasonable quote for a bespoke run from ukhutches.co.uk. Does anyone know about the quality and sturdiness of runs from there?

That's a shame. He does it as a side business though, he's a policeman in 'real life'! So I guess business is good.

Back