• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ings 9.5kg out of stock!! Shock!

Ailstar

Mama Doe
I ordered some ings hay today and because they have a brand new website I only realised after I'd ordered and paid that the Ings 9.5kg is out of stock!! Shock! It is currently on back order but as I have no idea when it's turning up I decided to buy some soft hay from dust free hay. It seems expensive though! I went for a 5 bale pack to make it slightly cheaper. Does anyone else get this hay?

I had this message, but ordered it on Friday and it was dispatched today..so can't have been out of stock?

Their new website is REALLY glitchy, too. I hope they sort it out. I preferred their old one. :(

Oh really? Oops! Well I'll just have a lot of hay in stock then! It will be good to give the bunnies a change with the dust free hay anyway I guess :)

I had something similar, ordered Pete a bag of T&R a couple of weeks ago and got an email saying out of stock but it was still with me within 3 days as usual!!

Wouldn't worry. My bag is awful. Rupert now in emergency vet, second time it's happened, won't be buying again.

:(

I ordered a bag of Ings and it got despatched yesterday, I'm hoping it's good. I gave up with H4P over a year ago after them repeatedly sending me mouldy T&R despite me asking them to check it before they sent. For some reason the other day I decided to give them another chance and ordered some Ings instead of the normal timothyhay.co.uk. Will be annoyed if it's not nice as I'll have to order from timothyhay.co.uk again, and that's double my posh hay budget for May :( (they get £20 of posh hay a month, usually the timothy)

My ings has always been excellent. I hope it is again. My dust free hay just arrived though, so fingers crossed the bunnies like that too! :)

Never had any problems with my Ings hay, the lady who runs hay4pets is really nice too so if you have any issues you should contact her and give her the chance to put it right, I once had a bag of Ings that arrived opened the cable tie came off whilst with courier, I contacted her and she sent me a replacement bag no questions asked. Its a natural product so I guess it will vary from time to time x 🐰

what do you mean? ings hay has made your rabbit ill?

Last January I had a bag that was mouldy, but hubby hadn't spotted it, ended up in Rupert being very poorly in vets.

New bag last week which just didn't look like ings - it looks awful, Rupert is currently in emergency vets, in stasis.

As much as I love the service etc I won't be buying from there again. I know it was the cheapest option for us, but I can't buy anymore again, I'll be buying dobby man from the little pet centre across road from work from now on.

Has your timothy always been good? Mine has, but I haven't been ordering that long and I've read that other people have had bad bags so worried incase I get a bad one!!

I have only had a couple of orders myself but I have never heard anything bad about it. Every bun here goes crazy for it :D

My current bag of T&R isn't great :( I've found a few biggish lumps of mud and also big stalks of some sort of plant twisted through it!

I had continued problems with T&R a few years ago, haven't ordered since :(

If you are having issues with getting good hay the farm I use is really consistantly great - can always bring you some Emma when I visit my dad (he lives near you and I'm always bringing him hay too!)

i don't normally order ings as my lot weren't keen the other two times i tried them with it. but i got a small bag again recently to try and it's lovely quality.

the one i've had the most issues with is the timothy and rye. most times it's awful so i'm going to have to stop buying it.

i have only ever had one issue with the meadow hay in years of ordering, but the last one we got was terrible. the smell even made o/h heave! :shock: so i'm worried about ordering that now aswell.

so we're back to the soft meadow hay from dust free hay, which strangely enough, is the one that sets us off sneezing the most. :roll:

and we also get the timothy hay from timothyhay.co.uk which is good. :thumb: i did get one bad bag of that though recently but they sent a replacement and it was fine.

i think next time i'm going to go back to the willow warren, because it was always good quality but expensive. i worked it out compared to dust free hay though and if you buy the big boxes from willow warren, then there isn't much difference in price.

i do think it's a bit hit and miss with hay at the moment though, especially this time of year.

I've recently had a couple of t&r from hay4pets that have been great. Just received a meadow hay and although it isn't as stalky as the t&r the buns like it and it looks ok to me.
Bit worried now that future orders may be off. I've only ever heard good things about them in the past.

I had continued problems with T&R a few years ago, haven't ordered since :(

If you are having issues with getting good hay the farm I use is really consistantly great - can always bring you some Emma when I visit my dad (he lives near you and I'm always bringing him hay too!)

Oh really Catherine that would be lovely :) you could come and see Pete too! X

Back