• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Marbles' whiskers are singed...?!

katie88

Mama Doe
She has two that are very definitely singed (sp?) almost all the way down to the root. The only time I've noticed it before was after she chewed through a wire :? I'm 99% sure that can't be it as there are very few wires in my room, the ones that are are covered and none of them seem to have any damage.

We did have a workman in the house today and I know he came into my room to check the radiator. I'm just wondering if something could have happened. She's absolutely fine in herself in fact she's been binkying like mad since I got home.

Anyone else ever come across singed whiskers?! Probably one of the weirder questions I've asked on RU:lol:

Yes. But I think it was actually nibbles whiskers by their partner rather than singed. They still had a tatty, slightly curly look but I saw some 'over-grooming' going on and figured that's what probably caused the tatty whiskers.

Yes. But I think it was actually nibbles whiskers by their partner rather than singed. They still had a tatty, slightly curly look but I saw some 'over-grooming' going on and figured that's what probably caused the tatty whiskers.

Hmm that's interesting. Marbles lives alone so it can't be that but I wonder if she could have over groomed herself?! I'm sure it's nothing to worry about as she seems fine but it's definitely a bit weird.

Hmm that's interesting. Marbles lives alone so it can't be that but I wonder if she could have over groomed herself?! I'm sure it's nothing to worry about as she seems fine but it's definitely a bit weird.

Ok, it won't be that then :lol:. I have no idea what could have caused it :?.

I have a bunny who stays nowhere near any wires and sometimes has singed whiskers.
i figured that when they were grooming themselves they acidentaly bit or damaged the whiskers as they did their ears :)
never did mine any harm and i also have a bonded pair and bailey has an over obsession with grooming certain parts of angels face till the whiskers and fur falls out. Its so hard to control urgh .

I have a bunny who stays nowhere near any wires and sometimes has singed whiskers.
i figured that when they were grooming themselves they acidentaly bit or damaged the whiskers as they did their ears :)
never did mine any harm and i also have a bonded pair and bailey has an over obsession with grooming certain parts of angels face till the whiskers and fur falls out. Its so hard to control urgh .

Thanks that makes me feel better. I reckon she's probably done it herself as they're both on the same side. Sigh....they're hard work :lol:

Back