• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poo question!

Holhol

Alpha Buck
At the moment Ferg is going through a huge moult and I've noticed that maybe once or twice a day he does a couple of poos that are strung together with hair - is this a big problem? Is there anything I can do to help?
He's eating normally and the vast majority of his poos are completely normal, and I'm grooming him daily but I just wondered if I could do much else :)

string of pearls they are often called, its good that its passing through and not getting stuck in abdomen, maybe if you can try grooming everyday, I hears abit of pineapple juice helps keep guts moving through

string of pearls they are often called, its good that its passing through and not getting stuck in abdomen, maybe if you can try grooming everyday, I hears abit of pineapple juice helps keep guts moving through

I've just given him a good groom, he's a fluffball at the moment :)
Might try the pineapple juice if the grooming isn't working thanks :)

Make sure he has lots of hay to eat and give him his veg wetter than usual. This will help to keep everything moving in his tummy. Pineapple is quite sweet!

Make sure he has lots of hay to eat and give him his veg wetter than usual. This will help to keep everything moving in his tummy. Pineapple is quite sweet!

Thanks :) he's got more hay than he could ever eat and is going mad for it at the moment! I'll give his veg a wet before he gets them tonight :)

Back