• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm a bunny mummy in disgrace!!

tashp90

Warren Veteran
We had a trip to the vets this morning. It was Marbles post op check, and Maizie and Daisy went for their free health check for rabbit week.
It took me 15 minutes to get Maizie and Daisy into their carrier, and 20 minutes to get Marble out from under the bed, and into the carrier, so I was exhausted before we even left.

So, Marble got checked out first. The vet has to handle her on the floor, as she kicks out if you try to hold her. So there we both are, on our hands and knees, with the lid taken off the carrier, trying to entice Marble to stop sitting as tight into a ball as she could, so that the vet could lift her. We eventually managed it, and all is fine :thumb: she is healing well, and doesn't seem to be bothered by the stitches at all :thumb: So, we put her back in the carrier, and shut her in.

Next up, Maizie and Daisy, who share a carrier, and are little wrigglers.
Maizie first, she now weighs 1.1kg, which means she's good to go on being spayed in 2 months :thumb: eye, ears, teeth, claws etc. all fine. She passed her health check. It seemed to be pretty straight forward, until we tried to get Daisy out, and
Maizie in. Maizie decided that now was the time to climb around the back of my neck, and onto my head :roll: The vet got her down, and put her in the carrier. By now, Daisy was hunched in a corner at the back of the carrier. I had to use pellets to entice her out, where she proceeded to thump at, and scratch the vet :roll: we eventually got her weighed at 1.03kg, which is surprising as she's the greedy one!! She also passed the health check, but she decided that while the vet was checking her teeth, she would have a good chew at the tool they use :lol:

All through Maizie and Daisy's health check, we had our resident Diva aka Marble, thumping away in her carrier on the floor :roll:

So now we are home, it's me who is in disgrace, it's me who is being ignored, and it's me who is on the receiving end of some very, very disapproving looks :roll::lol:

:lol:

"Call yourself staff?!? Where's the treats?! Then we MIGHT think about it....."

:lol:

"Call yourself staff?!? Where's the treats?! Then we MIGHT think about it....."

Even treats aren't cutting it! I've just had a delivery of fenugreek crunchies though...I will soon be loved once more ;)

I'd recommend buying a carrier that is top-opening. It makes getting bunnies in and out so easy :)

The top does come off the top of these ones, but when Maizie and Daisy are in one together, one is guaranteed to jump out when they're not supposed to :lol: especially Daisy, she's my little Houdini, always escaping, and hiding :roll:

Oh you don't know how much better I feel...I am convinced the vets think we are like those parents who let their kids run wild and have no control...except that we have no control over our buns :lol:

And to think I once thought that rabbits were boring, easy to handle pets :lol::lol::lol:

I'm dreading taking Millie and Maddie for their free appointment on Thursday. I've been to the vets with them once before and they were pretty well behaved but the vet was good with them and they obviously felt safe being handled by him as they didn't kick at all. This free appointment is with a vet nurse apparently. I'm really hoping I won't have to handle them myself as they hate it when I pick them up and kick loads because I'm rubbish at it :( They got in their carrier just putting food in there last time but I think they might be wise to that now and I may have a struggle on my hands!

Oh dear, Slipper is my diva bunny & he wriggles, kicks & thumps at the vet whenever he has to go :roll:

Blueberry has also done a backwards flip off the table & over the vets shoulder onto the floor before too :roll:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm dreading taking Millie and Maddie for their free appointment on Thursday. I've been to the vets with them once before and they were pretty well behaved but the vet was good with them and they obviously felt safe being handled by him as they didn't kick at all. This free appointment is with a vet nurse apparently. I'm really hoping I won't have to handle them myself as they hate it when I pick them up and kick loads because I'm rubbish at it :( They got in their carrier just putting food in there last time but I think they might be wise to that now and I may have a struggle on my hands!

Hopefully they will be different at the vets. After the hilarious antics of trying to get 4 rabbits who hate any form of handling into the carrier at once, when we were in the vets they were very calm and quiet, and in fact I got snuggles from 2 of them :shock: not happened since mind you :roll:

Oh you don't know how much better I feel...I am convinced the vets think we are like those parents who let their kids run wild and have no control...except that we have no control over our buns :lol:

And to think I once thought that rabbits were boring, easy to handle pets :lol::lol::lol:
We are like those parents :lol:

Maizie and Daisy caught onto that trick...the same afternoon it took me even longer to get them in the carrier to go to boarding. Marble is very good, she likes the carrier, unless its being carried :lol:

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Oh dear, Slipper is my diva bunny & he wriggles, kicks & thumps at the vet whenever he has to go :roll:

Blueberry has also done a backwards flip off the table & over the vets shoulder onto the floor before too :roll:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This sounds a lot like Marble, at her first visit she jumped off the tabel, since them, the vet has handled her on the floor :lol:
Hopefully they will be different at the vets. After the hilarious antics of trying to get 4 rabbits who hate any form of handling into the carrier at once, when we were in the vets they were very calm and quiet, and in fact I got snuggles from 2 of them :shock: not happened since mind you :roll:

Maizie and Daisy are calm...at first lol then they become their usual wriggly, escapists :lol:

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

They don't mind being touched (although are by no means anywhere near being cuddle buns!) but if they in any way feel they are being lifted they kick like crazy! Maddie had decided to climb a clothers airer the other day, she got up the first bit because there was a towel on the bottom which took her weight but she was trying to go further up and I had to come and rescue her but she didn't see it like that and I had scratches all up my arms!

Back