• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zippy is here:)

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
Kirsty kindly picked Zippy up from BARC some time ago but due to both her and I working long and weird hours we haven't been able to arrange the handover until now.

I am meeting her at Tot Hill Services tomorrow and will be meeting Zippy and bringing him home with me. Won't be able to start bonding for at least a week as I start my 'five days on' on Tuesday. Will give it a go when I am on my four days off - and hope that is long enough.

Poor Violet has been so miserable since George escaped. I am really hoping that the bond will be an easy one and that she will return to being a happy bunny once again. She spends most of her time in her crate at the moment, looking forlorn.

I still feel really bad about losing George and am paranoid about putting the divider up in the kitchen so Violet can't escape - although she doesn't know how to use the cat flap like George did and doesn't even come outside when I am out there and leave the back door open. I don't mind the buns exploring outside when I am there as I can block off the boundary so they can't get out of the yard.

I am very excited about meeting Zippy tomorrow:love:

Last edited:
Zippy is home:):)

He is gorgeous - seems very friendly, despite having to listen to me singing along to the radio on the way home.

I have popped him in a pen in the lounge as I am going to bond in my bedroom. He immediately jumped into the litter tray and started nomming hay. The pen isn't very big but he won't be in it for long and it means he will have company when I am watching TV. I will let him free range when I am there to supervise him. The other option was the spare room but I wouldn't have seen him much if he had been in there and as he is to be a house bun I want him to get used to noises like the TV, hoover, washing machine etc asap and downstairs is noisier than upstairs. He will also get to meet the cats, supervised at first. They are all used to bunnies, but I am not sure if he is used to cats.

He seems a very confident little bun. I had a quick cuddle at the services and will have some more later once he has settled in.

A huge thank you to Angie for letting me adopt him and to Kirsty for doing the majority of the bun run xxxx

Awwww I didn't know you were getting a new bunny. :love:

Very sorry to hear George escaped.:( That must have been heartbreaking for you.

Zippy pics, Zippy pics, Zippy pics etc

Can't wait to see pics of Zippy at home with you xxxx

Am working 6-4 today and then going out later but will try and take some photos asap. He doesn't stay still for long though - and he noms loads and loads - and drinks quite a lot too. I put a small dish in, but soon changed that to a large dish.

He is very friendly. Seems to enjoy cuddles. He looks so alike Violet I hope I can tell them apart.

Am working 6-4 today and then going out later but will try and take some photos asap. He doesn't stay still for long though - and he noms loads and loads - and drinks quite a lot too. I put a small dish in, but soon changed that to a large dish.

He is very friendly. Seems to enjoy cuddles. He looks so alike Violet I hope I can tell them apart.

He sounds really lovely :love::love::love:

Back