• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Daisy now :( it's neverending :(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
She has been off her food all week, probably longer. She is still eating, just nothing like as much. She just sits there most of the time, although she does run round the garden at times. She has had weird tummy troubles for years but the vet never knows why :( i took her again yesterday as i was worried, but as usual they found nothing. Teeth look fabulous, ears perfect, tummy felt normal apart from being overweight - she isn't eating much at all, but still doesn't lose weight! :? She is on daily metacam as i suspect she has arthritis, but no improvement. Don't know what to do.

Poor Daisy :( it sounds like a really stressful situation for you to be in :( I hope she feels better ASAP and that the cause of her problems can be identified! Gentle nose rubs to her x

I mentioned moulting because I seem to remember reading somewhere that it could make some (but not all) buns feel a bit off-colour. Hope your beautiful big bunny girl is soon feeling herself again. x

I'm sorry to hear about Daisy. Moulting certainly can make them feel off colour and not behave their usual selves. How old is she?
I do hope you manage to find the answer to her problem, or she picks up to normal again. :):)

I'm sorry to hear about Daisy. Moulting certainly can make them feel off colour and not behave their usual selves. How old is she?
I do hope you manage to find the answer to her problem, or she picks up to normal again. :):)

She is about 4, but she's a large breed New Zealand pp

I have been feeling this way about Gabriel too, and took him down to the vet's to be on the safe side. Like Daisy there was nothing untoward on a physical examination and neither the vet or I felt that blood tests were justified.

Gabe was moulting and he also is now getting older. His exact age is unknown but he must be at least 7 any time now. I have decided, though sad to see, that he is starting to slow down with age. He is less of a doing rabbit, more of a sleeping rabbit nowadays.

I am so sorry that you are having all this bunny worry. I hope Daisy picks up very soon xxx

((((((Vibes))))))) coming your way for Daisy.
I agree that it doesn't seem to take much for my bunnies to be off colour lately. With increasing daylight/heat, moulting, grasses and hays undergoing seasonal changes, etc. we are seeing each of my three having odd days. :?
I hope it's something minor and transitory. I don't know if it's this way for all middle-aged to senior bunnies (and of course, size does matter I think...although not sure if a 4 year NZ would be equivalent to a smaller, older bun) but all of mine have shown a marked decrease in activity of late and they are all about the same age, around 7 years or so.

((((((Huge hugs))))))) for you too and hopes that things will ease up soon. You really need a break! :) xxxx

I don't get it at all, it's just weird :? So Daisy doesn't want to eat many pellets, although she has a few. She is eating plenty of hay and grass, and doing nice droppings as always. She isn't too fussed about her greens, but seems to suddenly decide to tuck in - i just went to say goodnight, she gobbled up her crunchie then started munching her greens that had been there three hours :? The thing is, Digby copies her, so he's not eating much either! But both seem happy enough, hopping round and even doing little binkies :? Totally baffled.

Back