• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Made 4 run panels today

Mrsmcarey

Mama Doe
Been busy today making new run panels

1.5m x 60cm screwed frame and stapled wire :D I'm very pleased with them :oops:
e2e23a4a9c428287c386e76a4fb85adc_zpsf29a158b.jpg

So that's one side done need to make another 6 tomorrow :roll: then sort out top and bottom and runaround :roll: out of the a Summer House then they can move in at last :D

So that will be 6m x 1.5m total run space I think that'll be big enough :lol: when they ain't free range :D

I think my hands are going to drop off :shock: heavy duty staple gun is fab but oh my poor hands are aching now from putting in about 100 staples :lol:

WELL DONE. I keep meaning to get round to making some to extend my aivary ... Did you make holes in one piece of wood and screw into the other? (I have been advised to do this but not sure if it is correct). ie Holes in the uprights and screw into the cross pieces.

WELL DONE. I keep meaning to get round to making some to extend my aivary ... Did you make holes in one piece of wood and screw into the other? (I have been advised to do this but not sure if it is correct). ie Holes in the uprights and screw into the cross pieces.

Yes it's 19mm x 38mm wood I have 30mm screws and drilled holes all the way thru the top piece so,not to split the wood and screwed down into the end of the short pieces :D

The holes can be either just big enough so the screw does catch the top piece or slightly bigger as the screw head holds the top piece in and the thread then pulls the short piece in :D might need to put a couple of corner pieces in just for stability but as it's got a centre support they are very stable :D

Been busy today making new run panels

1.5m x 60cm screwed frame and stapled wire :D I'm very pleased with them :oops:
e2e23a4a9c428287c386e76a4fb85adc_zpsf29a158b.jpg

So that's one side done need to make another 6 tomorrow :roll: then sort out top and bottom and runaround :roll: out of the a Summer House then they can move in at last :D

So that will be 6m x 1.5m total run space I think that'll be big enough :lol: when they ain't free range :D

Wow! They look amazing! Don't suppose you are willing to share your instructions? I am keen to make a run for mine!

Kate

My first run was a bit of a well I have posted pics in your other run thread but it's now 2 yrs old and still standing so I'm happy:D

The frames are 150cm x 60cm as that is how big the rolls of wire are

I have drilled thru the long piece all the way with a drill slightly smaller than the screw I used 2" long screws so it not going to move make sure the centre holes are in the middle or they won't line up and will make the frame not square

The shorter pieces are 56cm as the top and bottom are 2cm each total height 60cm

It's easier to get the screws in with a battery driver once the holes are drilled in the top this is so that the wood does not split

The wood is only 19mm x 38mm pine so quite soft

When you put it together wire side in or they will eat the wood like mine did with the other run I have patched it several times since the pic :lol:

Wonderful. I am off to b&q right now. Been wondering how to make a run so bunnies can stay in garden unsupervised. Even though I've bunny proofed the fence with chicken :-D

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Back