• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scamps sneezing

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
Scamps has a damaged nose had it vet checked and they said it is fine.

He is fully vaccinated with no signs of discharge from his eyes or nose and no sign of trouble breathing, he is very active and lively yet has been sneezing a lot.

I mentioned this to the vets when they had their vacs last month and she checked him over and said he was fine.

I decided I would take him back about it if he got any worse or worried me.

he had a cuddle with me today and launched into a violent sneezing fit of between 6-10 sneezes and it shock his body. There was no bleeding or discharge and he settled back down straight after...

Ill take him to the vets Monday but I just dont know what it is

Any thoughts?

Was the nose damage a soft tissue injury ? If so scar tissue could have formed which may now be irritating him. Nasal polyps are another possibility.

Is he a Dental Rabbit ? Dental Rabbit's with tooth root issues can have sneezing fits.

Was the nose damage a soft tissue injury ? If so scar tissue could have formed which may now be irritating him. Nasal polyps are another possibility.

Is he a Dental Rabbit ? Dental Rabbit's with tooth root issues can have sneezing fits.

He isnt a dental bun no, his teeth are fine thankfully.

The vet seems to think its part deformed from birth and part injury from a fight with another rabbit or something simlar its not severely damaged but looks odd.

Jane you once pointed out his nose in a photo of him so it does stand out.

I will ask the vet tomorrow if she thinks the healed tissue is causing it. You can see any scaring or anything though but I if its under the skin you wouldnt.

What is nasal polyps?

thank you for your help

He isnt a dental bun no, his teeth are fine thankfully.

The vet seems to think its part deformed from birth and part injury from a fight with another rabbit or something simlar its not severely damaged but looks odd.

Jane you once pointed out his nose in a photo of him so it does stand out.

I will ask the vet tomorrow if she thinks the healed tissue is causing it. You can see any scaring or anything though but I if its under the skin you wouldnt.

What is nasal polyps?

thank you for your help

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/polyps-nose/Pages/Introduction.aspx

update

vet didnt find anything wrong with him and thinks its because of the way his nose is he is move sensitive to everything and it can irritate him more easily

i will take him back if it happens again

Back