• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Hopper group Teesside area

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
Hey, the RWAF are wanting to start a Happy Hopper group around here. So far they have had no takers apart from me. :( Is there anybody on here who would be interested?

You don't have to live in Teesside and you can be part of more than one Happy Hopper group. We have absolutely nothing around here in the way of promoting rabbit welfare and this really must change.

You must be a member of the RWAF, it really is worth it! Come on people. We need to change things around here.

I may be interested but my free time is very limited (work and single parent to a toddler!)
What will it entail?

I may be interested but my free time is very limited (work and single parent to a toddler!)
What will it entail?

It only means meeting up about 8 times in a year, so it's not a huge commitment. I don't have much spare time either with a horse, 3 buns, volunteering and a job. :lol:

I'm really very tempted :D I live in Northallerton, so only about 20 mins from Middlesbrough.
I agree that there is so little about rabbit welfare around here.

I'm really very tempted :D I live in Northallerton, so only about 20 mins from Middlesbrough.
I agree that there is so little about rabbit welfare around here.

Yes, there is. If you are interested drop an email to the RWAF. :) As I said, so far there is just me. :lol:

I'm pretty sure I got an e mail from RWAF about this a few weeks back. I'll dig it up and have a look!

I live in Hartlepool not too far from you :D

Whats it all about then? Do you just have to sign up to the RWAF?

I live in Hartlepool not too far from you :D

Whats it all about then? Do you just have to sign up to the RWAF?

Yup. I never knew you lived in Hartlepool! You kept that quiet. :lol:

This is from the RWAF website:

"We found through calls, letters and emails that many of our members were keen to get together with other members in their local areas to share their love of rabbits. Out of this enthusiasm to share a passion for rabbits, 'Hopper' groups were formed. The first groups had a purely social function but members quickly realised that they could give something back, so the groups started developing a much more active role in fundraising and education and publicity.

Of course, the social element hasn't been forgotten - Hopper groups still give you the opportunity to link up with fellow rabbit-lovers (and swap bunny holiday sitting services) in your own area. Hopper groups already exist in many areas and if there isn't one in your town already, we'll help you start one, and of course we'll let other members know! Hopper Groups are just one way to Get Involved."

Yup. I never knew you lived in Hartlepool! You kept that quiet. :lol:

This is from the RWAF website:

"We found through calls, letters and emails that many of our members were keen to get together with other members in their local areas to share their love of rabbits. Out of this enthusiasm to share a passion for rabbits, 'Hopper' groups were formed. The first groups had a purely social function but members quickly realised that they could give something back, so the groups started developing a much more active role in fundraising and education and publicity.

Of course, the social element hasn't been forgotten - Hopper groups still give you the opportunity to link up with fellow rabbit-lovers (and swap bunny holiday sitting services) in your own area. Hopper groups already exist in many areas and if there isn't one in your town already, we'll help you start one, and of course we'll let other members know! Hopper Groups are just one way to Get Involved."

I was thinking of signing up anyway to get the magazine and stuff! It looks really interesting.

And yep, Hartlepool born and bred haha. Us monkey hangers love us some bunnies.

I've just signed up the the RWAF today!

Only thing is I ordered the magazine subscription before I signed up to the website so the 'my orders' bit is empty and it looks like I don't have a subscription, my own fault I guess.

Anyway, I'm excited to get my first magazine and have a read, also to hear about any hopper groups and things :lol:

Back