• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flea treatment

*lily*

Wise Old Thumper
I got some Frontline today for Molly the cat. I haven't seen any fleas or any sign of fleas.

Should I do Louie as well? I have done a search on here and some people routinely apply flea treatment others not until their are signs of fleas :?

I know you can't use Frontline on rabbits so would get some Advantage if necessary.

It's personal choice really. My own choice is that I only ever put chemicals on my pets if I need to, not as a routine preventative. To that end I've only treated my dogs twice for fleas and Bryn's 12 now.

I've never used any flea stuff on my rabbits - I don't use anything on them routinely.

Just as an aside, Frontline isn't always effective, now, on cats and most vets recommend Advocate or similar.

I've never used any flea stuff on my rabbits - I don't use anything on them routinely.

Just as an aside, Frontline isn't always effective, now, on cats and most vets recommend Advocate or similar.

Great, I just spent £20 on it!

It's personal choice really. My own choice is that I only ever put chemicals on my pets if I need to, not as a routine preventative. To that end I've only treated my dogs twice for fleas and Bryn's 12 now.

I agree with Mackers. I would only treat when there are symptoms, or a good reason for doing so (e.g. panacur for e.c.)

I treat the cats regularly (using advantage, frontline wasn't working for us anymore). I treat the rabbits now and then, maybe twice a year. My cats go out and we have my uncles dogs in the house a lot and I'm around OHs cats a lot so I feel more comfortable doing it now and then. Monthly would be too much though!

Do you think Frontline is no longer as effective due to overuse? I didn't realise it was becoming less effective.

Back