• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do you use a hay rack? or hay feeder?

hay rack and floor, hay rack is just a back up really. try putting they hay in a bit loser so they can pull it out more easily:thumb:

I use a combination. Fresh handfuls of farm baled hay just placed in handfuls in each litter tray and then timothy hay in the hay rack above their main inside sleeping area.

Mine won't use any sort of hay feeder: all their hay goes into the two litter trays and changed daily.

Molly won't use a hay rack and now that she is free range there is nowhere to put one. She has hay in her litter tray which is changed regularly and she has a wicker basket with hay in it which she enjoys eating whilst sitting on her little IKEA bed. I will post a photo later.

I use racks over their trays, mine don't eat it once it's fallen on the floor :roll:

I use racks over their trays, mine don't eat it once it's fallen on the floor :roll:

Same here, and any left over hay from yesterday I put in the litter trays then put all new fresh hay in the rack and start again and sometimes they'll eat it from their trays too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I just put it in their litter trays, they don't eat it out of a rack and were just sitting on it using that as a litter tray too.

I've seen a 'hay ball' made from two hanging baskets fixed together and hung up, so I may try that. At least they can't sit in that.

mine have a hay rack(well actually they have a wine rack with hay stuffed in lol) as once the hay is on the floor they have a tendancy to poop/piddle on it and natually don't eat it then.

I chop and change....

Scatter over floor (the girls often pee on it though :roll:)droop over tunnels, stuff in paper cups and toilet rolls

And just recently I put up those half hanging basket things that go on the wall.....the girls were not impressed (because they can't pee on it:lol:) but willow LOVES his, I think it's because I placed his by his litter tray......he loves eating hay whilst pooping :lol:

Back