• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Well did I get a shock this morning....(Also advice please?)

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
As some of you may know my mini lops Milo and Finnlay stay in my utility room with a double hutch and then a run fenced off at the front. Well, this morning I opened my utility door to find them both wandering around the room freely! :shock:

I had luckily preempted that this might happen (although I didnt think it would!) and had ensured that no wires or anything were trailing that they could get hold of. My utility room was covered in poos and the both of them looked very proud of themselves! I checked the run and it was solid so I can only assume that they have jumped or climbed over it! The little monsters! It looks like im getting a taller run. :lol:

Im hoping that when I get my utility done I can buy or have someone make for me a long wooden panel with mesh or glass and a door so that I can step inside. The enclosure is going to be against three solid walls of my utility and I will only need one long panel to go accross the front, as I say hopefully with a door so that I can get in and out for cleaning. It will obviously need to be able to be secured to the walls either side. Does anyone know where I could get something like this? Or if someone can make one?

Thank you

When my two had escaped their pen they hadn't got over but had squeezed through a tiny gap between their base cage and the pen. Is there a gap in your set up? They'd also pooed everywhere despite the fact they never do that when out free range so it was definitely an act of defiance and they looked so smug!

Well, after pegging the mesh topper I got with my run to the top I thought I had solved my problem, until this morning when I woke up and Milo was AGAIN out of the run! The little tinker! He also gave me a good display of how he has been doing it! As soon as he heard his pellet hitting the dish he made a huge run up, ran up and jumped over the run to get back inside. I'm at a loss haha, I don't want to leave them in the hutch all day be NO means....

At the minute all I can do it try my best to cover and gaps in the mesh cover and make the room safe for if they DID get out again. (The cover is hexagonal and my run is square so there are small gaps at the corners)

I cant wait for this utility to be done (starts on 24th May) its going to take three weeks but its going to be worth it!

Bloody bunnies! :lol:

Back