• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bobby is very poorly... Sleep tight :(

luna

Mama Doe
Bobby stopped eating this afternoon and was sitting in the one spot for hours. I thought it might be his uti back again and I had him booked in with the vet tomorrow morning.

When I went to let himself and Rosie out about an hour ago he got up and wobbled and nearly fell over. He couldn't even groom, he kept losing his balance :(

My husband is at the emergency vet now with him as I had to stay and get Dylan to bed.

Could bobby have EC? I am so scared, I think I'm going to lose him, I have a terrible feeling :(

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Bobby stopped eating this afternoon and was sitting in the one spot for hours. I thought it might be his uti back again and I had him booked in with the vet tomorrow morning.

When I went to let himself and Rosie out about an hour ago he got up and wobbled and nearly fell over. He couldn't even groom, he kept losing his balance :(

My husband is at the emergency vet now with him as I had to stay and get Dylan to bed.

Could bobby have EC? I am so scared, I think I'm going to lose him, I have a terrible feeling :(

Awww no, poor Bobby :cry:

I have no experience with bunnies being ill, so can't suggest anything that it may be :(

Lots of vibes for one of my favourite RU bunnies...Get well soon Bobby!!
Thoughts and hugs to you too xxxx

Thanks everyone. Waiting to hear news is just the hardest. So stressed out !

How awful for you :cry:

I'm sorry I can't offer advice just wanted to pass on hugs and massive vibes for booby .......please let us know when you get news

Xxxxxxxxx

Sending loads of vibes as well for Bobby!!!

Hope he got no ear infection or EC, my Charlie has a virus with imbalance and it is stressful and a helpless feeling >_<

Hi everyone :wave:

Thank you so much for your kind words and support. I really appreciate it. So last night we took Bobby to the emergency vet who examined Bobby and gave him maxilon and anti-inflammitories to make him comfortable for the night until we could take him to our own vet Eamonn this morning. Bobby wasn't half as wobbly on his feet this morning and had perked up a little ( still refusing pellets though) and took a fenugreek crunchie and fresh coriander. Eamonn examined him and it turns out Bobby has an injury but he is happy that he has responded well to his medication since last night. So now Bobby is on metacam for the next few days.

I feel like such a drama queen but I really got the fright of my life when I saw him walking like that because that is the way my bridge bunny Henry was before he passed away. He had lesions on his spine and I guess it just brought back memories and I didn't want to see Bobby go that way :cry:

So hopefully everything will be okay and he will start eating soon and make a full recovery. Thanks again RU xx

Last edited:
Back