• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Star being spayed U/D still very quiet

tashp90

Warren Veteran
As we speak.
She was a bit of a diva when she first got to the vets, I think she knew :lol:
The vet said she wanted to give her fluids while under the GA as she's so big, opinions?
Hopefully it will be straight forward and she'll be home this evening :thumb:

Now to clean her room...

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
My Scampii has gone in today to be spayed I'm so worried!!

Has everything gone ok with Star :) xx

Fingers crossed they'll both be fine!!

Hope everything goes well with Scampii, lots of nose rubs, and vibes for a quick recovery xx

Sending lots of vibes for them both. If Star is having fluids that can only be a good thing I would have thought :thumb: my girls had subcutaneous fluids at my request after their spay :thumb: along with an appetite stimulant and painkiller both at the vets and given at home :thumb:

Good luck star! Sure they will do just fine and hope she has a speedy recovery x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Sending lots of vibes for them both. If Star is having fluids that can only be a good thing I would have thought :thumb: my girls had subcutaneous fluids at my request after their spay :thumb: along with an appetite stimulant and painkiller both at the vets and given at home :thumb:

I had to sign a form consenting to it, I did because the vet explained the reasons why, and it seemed like the better option IMO. Just wondered what other people's thoughts/experiences are.

She's been dropped off with a bag of hay, a pot of pellets, and tub of herbs, and the vet picked some dandelions for her this morning :love:

The fluids will help her to come round quicker, as they will help to flush the GA out of her system :wave:

Ginger always had subcut fluids post-dental too, for the same reason as she struggled to get them out as her kidneys were shot.

The fluids will help her to come round quicker, as they will help to flush the GA out of her system :wave:

Ginger always had subcut fluids post-dental too, for the same reason as she struggled to get them out as her kidneys were shot.

The vet did say she'd like to because Star is such a big bun, and recovery can take longer for larger rabbits

Thanks everyone!

I'm refusing to put my phone down :lol:

Adding my vibes. I was beside myself the day Spenser was neutered, although it is more straightforward for boys. I drank 15 mugs of very strong tea that day.

Adding my vibes. I was beside myself the day Spenser was neutered, although it is more straightforward for boys. I drank 15 mugs of very strong tea that day.

It's a nightmare! Wish I could be in there so I knew what was happening!

I've just finished getting the bedroom ready for her though so she'll be nice and cosy when she comes home :love:

Vet just called. Surgery was fine, Star is awake and receiving fluids :love: got to call at 5, if she's eaten and pooped she can come home :D

Back