• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shall I Let Them Out For An Hour?

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
So Max and Charlotte moved into my new apartment yesterday lunch time. Theyre currently in this penned off corner of my living room (bad photo but you get the drift);

They both seem fine, eating well, pooing well, exploring etc. BUT theyre not used to being confined atall as theyre usually free range and are booooooored. Max is already chewing on the bars to try and get out :roll:

Do you think it would be OK to let them explore the rest of the living room for an hour or so? Or is it too soon? Just not sure what to do for the best :?

I let my two have the run of the front room as soon as I got them. I'm not sure if that was advisable or not! But they loved it. Explored for 10 minutes and then immediately flopped on the floor and that was that! :love:

Be prepared for them to poo everywhere though! :lol:

I let my two have the run of the front room as soon as I got them. I'm not sure if that was advisable or not! But they loved it. Explored for 10 minutes and then immediately flopped on the floor and that was that! :love:

Be prepared for them to poo everywhere though! :lol:

This is what Im most worried about! Theyre so well litter trained usually and I don't want them to lose that, especially now Im renting.

I think I'll have to let them out for a little while though, Max is just staring at me through the bars of his 'prison' :lol::roll:

I would let them out, they want to explore and most likely chin everything in sight. Mr B hated being locked up for about a week when he wasn't well and if they are not used to it makes them more desperate to get out. If they weren't destructive before its unlikely they will be now. Free the bunnies. ;)

I would let them out, they want to explore and most likely chin everything in sight. Mr B hated being locked up for about a week when he wasn't well and if they are not used to it makes them more desperate to get out. If they weren't destructive before its unlikely they will be now. Free the bunnies. ;)

OK! Im excited for them now :D

They wont lose their litter habits, even if they do poo everywhere. The pooing will simply be territorial marking, so be ready for a few wees too and plenty of chinning!

Look forward to lots of fast moving noseys!!

This is what Im most worried about! Theyre so well litter trained usually and I don't want them to lose that, especially now Im renting.

I think I'll have to let them out for a little while though, Max is just staring at me through the bars of his 'prison' :lol::roll:

Millie and Maddie pooed everywhere for about 10 minutes and then they just litter trained themselves! (I'm very lucky!) They do it to mark their new terrority I think. They never weed anywhere but their tray though.

Millie and Maddie pooed everywhere for about 10 minutes and then they just litter trained themselves! (I'm very lucky!) They do it to mark their new terrority I think. They never weed anywhere but their tray though.

I'm keeping them confined to the living room for now. I'm hoping that by expanding their space a little every day I can avoid too much weeing. The living room is carpeted eek! So far so good :thumb:

When we moved house with Louie we let him freerange straightaway. He quickly found his littertray and was absolutely fine!

Back