• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holiday boarding for my house rabbit???

C1A1RE

Warren Scout
Hi there we've got an house mini lop rabbit named Gizmo who we've had since he was 12 weeks old, he's nearly 9 months old now.
My 20 year old son has invited me and my fiance on holiday with him in June (its a Mon to Fri) we would love to go but our concern is our little Gizmo, like I said he's an house rabbit so he has the run of the house but he's not allowed in the bedrooms due to wires etc (we've bunny proofed all downstairs) for the first few months we used to put him in his cage when we went to bed but then let him out once we were up in the mornings but after a while we realised he started biting away at his fur so we stopped shutting him in there so now he only hops into his cage to have a drink of water and to eat. My concern is that all the boarding places we've looked at the rabbits are all put in hutches and we know this will cause Gizmo to get stressed out and bite away at his fur. Sorry for the long post but I don't have any other ideas so wondering if anyone on here has got any ideas that we could do. We would rather not go on holiday if it meant putting Gizmo through so much stress plus we've never been away from him before so that's going to be hard too. Claire x

Hi there we've got an house mini lop rabbit named Gizmo who we've had since he was 12 weeks old, he's nearly 9 months old now.
My 20 year old son has invited me and my fiance on holiday with him in June (its a Mon to Fri) we would love to go but our concern is our little Gizmo, like I said he's an house rabbit so he has the run of the house but he's not allowed in the bedrooms due to wires etc (we've bunny proofed all downstairs) for the first few months we used to put him in his cage when we went to bed but then let him out once we were up in the mornings but after a while we realised he started biting away at his fur so we stopped shutting him in there so now he only hops into his cage to have a drink of water and to eat. My concern is that all the boarding places we've looked at the rabbits are all put in hutches and we know this will cause Gizmo to get stressed out and bite away at his fur. Sorry for the long post but I don't have any other ideas so wondering if anyone on here has got any ideas that we could do. We would rather not go on holiday if it meant putting Gizmo through so much stress plus we've never been away from him before so that's going to be hard too. Claire x

Hi Claire, I know putting their bun into boarding is a massive worry for owners with house rabbits, but we have lots of house bunnies come to stay in our large indoor hutches without a single problem. You can see pictures of the hutches on our website (www.vipiggies.co.uk). We're pretty local to you too, and we'd be more than happy for you to pop over for a visit so you can see what we offer 'first hand'. Tracey

Hi Claire, depending on the dates in June, I might be able to help you and Gizmo. My boarding details are on the link at the bottom of my post. Brand new house rabbit/ guinea pig accommodation now! Di.

Back