• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chicky's new home.

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Managed to get this for £70, we painted it over 3 days and spent 4 hours levelling it all out so we could move her in. I'm very grateful to my bf for spending what he has done on Chicky over the past year :love:

He wants to replace the felt style roof and nest box roof and make a proper 'lid' for the run, just using the old coop roof at the moment, bit too small! We're going to get some slabs and pave the whole area she is in, my bf has started on a digging box for her to fit half of the run which will be easy to clean poop out of :)

The main thing is she is a very happy hen! And I can keep an eye on her from the bedroom :) There is a door at the side of the run so we have been able to attach a metal run for day time access and when we can watch her. Spotted too many foxes so have to go and shut her in the main run when we go out!

The inside bit is bigger and I can fit a proper drink thing and feeder in, her new feeder arrived this morning and I swapped the metal water one that was in the run for the little one inside as she managed to tip it over! .. :roll: :lol:

She let me stroke her the other day instead of running away and she makes some very happy clucky noises :love:

Looks more mud than anything (which I don't like :lol:) so I've been picking her grass and my bf dug up a patch of grass for her which she loved because there were a few worms in there!

Back