• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Men...

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
ARG MEN...

Im trying to convince my OH to let me put a (small!) hole in the wall of our utility so that I can put in a plastic pipe and link it up to a run in the garden.

Basically being told that I am mental and he wont put a hole in his house for 'a couple of rabbits' i'm so annoyed. :evil: I want to do this for them so much but keep getting told its not happening. :cry:

A pipe that they can fit through? That won't be small, and I wouldn't want it in my house either, no matter how much I love my buns!!!

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

A pipe that they can fit through? That won't be small, and I wouldn't want it in my house either, no matter how much I love my buns!!!

Its not that big honestly. But my argument was that even if we did it and then had to get rid of it it wouldn't be a huge job to fill it up again. Were pretty sure were going to be there for a long time and i'm always going to keep bunnies! I know I have to respect what he wants too just its annoyed me that he won't even consider it for a second. :(

Its not that big honestly. But my argument was that even if we did it and then had to get rid of it it wouldn't be a huge job to fill it up again. Were pretty sure were going to be there for a long time and i'm always going to keep bunnies! I know I have to respect what he wants too just its annoyed me that he won't even consider it for a second. :(

Do you mean for a tunnel like this?
dy5u8e3y.jpg

Yes something like that. I thought that lots of people did this to be honest? Maybe its just me I thought it was a good idea?

I know lots of people use runarounds outside from shed/hutch to run.
I don't know of anyone putting one of those through a wall from the inside to out.

It's a good idea in theory , and would obviously be amazing in your bunnies opinions.

I wouldn't put a hole in my house wall either I'm afraid. And that's with bunnies who have basically eaten my house! :lol:

Basically all i'm trying to do it give them some kind of access to the garden. They are indoor rabbits and have a space in the utility but i'm always feeling guilty because they hardly get outside. :(

I cant think of anything other than the plan I had came up with but it looks like I am just mental to consider it? :cry:

Basically all i'm trying to do it give them some kind of access to the garden. They are indoor rabbits and have a space in the utility but i'm always feeling guilty because they hardly get outside. :(

I cant think of anything other than the plan I had came up with but it looks like I am just mental to consider it? :cry:

Don't feel guilty. I have 3 rabbits here who have never set foot onto grass, and won't until I move to my new house.
House bunnies are just that, and because they are used to the warmth of the house,and they would only have a run in the garden, it's suggested they only go outside on warm days.

You can put them in the run yourself if you want them to have some time outside, but don't feel.like you are depriving them if they don't get out there

Don't feel guilty. I have 3 rabbits here who have never set foot onto grass, and won't until I move to my new house.
House bunnies are just that, and because they are used to the warmth of the house,and they would only have a run in the garden, it's suggested they only go outside on warm days.

You can put them in the run yourself if you want them to have some time outside, but don't feel.like you are depriving them if they don't get out there

I did feel guilty. But I feel a little better knowing that i'm not being cruel by not allowing them outside. I would have thought that everyone would have loved the idea but you can always be surprised I guess.

Looks like it wont be happening anyway, but at least I can feel ok about the fact that they wont get to go in the garden.

Much as I love my bunnies and they have taken over the whole house and garden I also wouldn't knock a hole in the wall for them. The only bunny holes in this house are made by the rabbits in the carpet and wall paper :lol:

Do you have a door from that room to the garden? If so could you put a cat flap in? Also once out how secure is your garden?

I did feel guilty. But I feel a little better knowing that i'm not being cruel by not allowing them outside. I would have thought that everyone would have loved the idea but you can always be surprised I guess.

Looks like it wont be happening anyway, but at least I can feel ok about the fact that they wont get to go in the garden.

You're not being cruel at all. Star is almost 1, and the only time she has been outside in that time is when I picked her up last week! Even that was briefly and in the carrier!

When I move, mine will be able to go outside, but only every supervised, and when weather permits.

Mine are free range, so they actually get more room than they would in a run.

Do you have a door from that room to the garden? If so could you put a cat flap in? Also once out how secure is your garden?

My garden is fairly secure but there are a few bits under the fence where I am afraid they could get under or stuck. The garden is a bit of a funny shape so I would probably have to have a run so that they didn't get anywhere dangerous.

Also I do have a door to the outside but I wouldn't be comfortable leaving this open, a cat flap has been suggested but I don't think I would want them to just go outside and be outside. The security of a run is really what i'm after.

Someone has done this! Through the wall of the house and into a sideboard. Chelle maybe?
I love it, but my OH wouldn't allow it either.

Yes I recall a pipe coming into a sideboard, think it had a catflap at the end and went into a shed or hutch first rather than a run?

Back