• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free range- room

When I get my rabbit, I'm going to give him/her free range of my room. All rabbits in my area come spayed/neutered and litter trained plus, they are all up to date on vaccines before adopted. I'm going to to some mass bunny-proofing and make sure that everything unsafe is tucked away nicely. My room is fairly large and the rabbit will always have pen floor times in other parts of the house besides my room. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a Holland Lop or Netherland Dwarf seeing as there are mostly those in my general area. I was wondering if you guys have any tips and/or tricks for me along with some good ways to make floor time in the house safe and fun?! Thanks for the help.

Some bunnies arent big chewers but you won't know at first what they like to chew (if anything) so keep anything you don't want chewed out of reach! Cords especially. You can buy cord protectors or use pvc pipes or block them off using C&C grids. I think there's a sticky on that somewhere on here.

Hmm can't think of much else. My current buns don't ever chew, except like once Ben nipped my earbud cord (well I don't give them the chance to chew cords now) so I'm having trouble thinking of any precautions you need to take. Oh except I liked to use a baby gate on my bedroom door when my old bun Izzy free ranged my room because he loved slipping through my feet to escape.

Are you in the US?

Anything wooden from about two foot downwards, including door frames and doors. Also some bunnies, both my boys have done this) seem to like chewing on plaster :roll: so any corners of walls you may want to protect. Plus the obvious wires. Watch out for gaps too, some bunnies can get through really small gaps. Don't leave anything out which you don't want potentially ruined, even things like bags and shoes! I cannot tell you how many bags I've lost to bunny teeth!!

Anything wooden from about two foot downwards, including door frames and doors. Also some bunnies, both my boys have done this) seem to like chewing on plaster :roll: so any corners of walls you may want to protect. Plus the obvious wires. Watch out for gaps too, some bunnies can get through really small gaps. Don't leave anything out which you don't want potentially ruined, even things like bags and shoes! I cannot tell you how many bags I've lost to bunny teeth!!

My two little ones have started chewing my door, and also the walls (plaster). I'm yet to find a way to stop them, so have stuck some old pillow cases on the corners!

You'll find that even when you think you've covered everything, they'll still find something that they aren't supposed to chew!

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Back